Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice

I came out of work today and when I got in the car.
    Noticed the windscreen was dirty... looked like salt.
    So give the washers a squirt, this resulted in a completely iced up window《sigh》

I wondered if there is a washer liquid you can buy that would melt ice.
    I know there is the adative you can use to stop what happened to me, but is there one strong enough that a squirt in a morning would clear a frozen windscreen?
    If not.... why not
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Tested in the most extreme of conditions, the Prestone Extreme Screenwash can clear your car’s windscreen of stubborn dirt and melt away ice.

Can use neat in winter and right up to 19:1 in summer. To be fair i mix it 100ml to 900ml water and never freezes up on me

Works out so much cheaper than even the cheap supermarket stuff. £3.50 from tesco.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It’s at times like this I’m a big fan of my heated front window!! Similar happened to me this morning and a quick blast of the heated window shifted it in no time at all.

Comment

When I bought this car I was excited as I thought it had a heated windscreen
        Turned out it was a button to just point the heater at the window?
        Most pointless button ever invented
        North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

Best option...buy a house in Barbados an live their for 4 months, or get a large garage with heating.

or like me get up 10 minutes early and leave the car running !!
          sigpic

Comment

Anyone tried that heat shot? It heats up the washer liquid prior to spraying it onto the windscreen. I would imagine that would clear things right up.

Comment

Europarts on line - 5 litres of flavoured screen wash about 3 or 4 quid with free delivery
              Neat in winter - 10/20 to 1 in summer.
              Cheap as chips and there is always a discount code!
              Smells great !

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
                Europarts on line - 5 litres of flavoured screen wash about 3 or 4 quid with free delivery
                Neat in winter - 10/20 to 1 in summer.
                Cheap as chips and there is always a discount code!
                Smells great !
                Flavoured??? I don't think its for drinking
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

You smell the Apple one Mate.
                  You'll drink it !
                  I meant Scented?
                  Lol
                  Last edited by mickyh7; 15-12-2018, 07:50 PM. Reason: Wrong Wording

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
                    You smell the Apple one Mate.
                    You'll drink it !
                    I meant Scented?
                    Lol
                    All the flies and bugs in a summer wanting to lick window, hmmm

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                    X