Rear Camera and oem parking sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Camera and oem parking sensors

Hi, sorry if this subject has been covered! I'm looking to get a rear view camera installed that links directly to my nav and flush mounted rear parking sensors , can anyone recommend a company to carry out this work ? I live north of Leicester but I'm willing to travel to get the work done properly as I'm very fussy ,appreciate any feedback
    My Insignia is a 2016 tourer , thanks

Andy lam from Vxmods carries out this time of thing but isnt local... he is good at the Insignia retrofits. Hes also on facebook as well
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

hes good with the prefacelifts,not so hot with the facelift
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
        Andy lam from Vxmods carries out this time of thing but isnt local... he is good at the Insignia retrofits. Hes also on facebook as well
        Look who is lurking on here.

Dean thought you don't like Andy's workmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Look who is lurking on here.

Dean thought you don't like Andy's workmanship.
          hes upped his game a lot from then so no issues from me, otherwise wouldnt be recommending him

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            hes good with the prefacelifts,not so hot with the facelift
            I'm currently playing catchup myself, about 8 years behind the times, but investing heavily in the gear needed to be able do stuff like that...

On my current list is Steering wheel with gearchange paddles, lane departure, road sign recognition, hmi2.5 for android autoplay, rear reverse camera, advanced park assist.... Almost finished fitting the 8inch LCD instrument cluster... Then onto working on a preface to facelift cluster change, enabling flexride on the button and adding dab (will create a diary thread soon)

Comment

I'm currently playing catchup myself, about 8 years behind the times, but investing heavily in the gear needed to be able do stuff like that...

On my current list is Steering wheel with gearchange paddles, lane departure, road sign recognition, hmi2.5 for android autoplay, rear reverse camera, advanced park assist.... Almost finished fitting the 8inch LCD instrument cluster... Then onto working on a preface to facelift cluster change, enabling flexride on the button and adding dab (will create a diary thread soon)
              Wow, good luck with that little lot
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

hes upped his game a lot from then so no issues from me, otherwise wouldnt be recommending him
                Fair enough

Comment

On modern vauxhalls, they require VCi code to program retrofit genuine parts, which Vauxhall no longer give out to Joe Public. Only stealers can request these codes.

Comment

On modern vauxhalls, they require VCi code to program retrofit genuine parts, which Vauxhall no longer give out to Joe Public. Only stealers can request these codes.
                    They still do, just not the body control module, probably cluster aswell.

Comment

Then even then gm won't issue a vci for the majority of retrofits

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                        As we know there are ways around this issue, which I'm currently still learning, my cluster is in and working and coded to the vehicle, looking at getting the opc background and enabling the half moons either side of the display

Comment

There is a list of 'approved retrofits' as you probably know which do cover a variety of installs, but wont allow lane departure, advanced park assist and so on as apparently is a 'safety risk'

Comment

We know stealers don't really retrofit stuff. If it did't come with the car they don't bother.
                            Its only technical enthusiast who carried out these retrofits for other people.
                            Remember they wouldn't even fit a dual exhaust on Mark's car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              Lewish the bcm control lots of things right?

Comment

Working...
                              X