Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Insignia Owner, looking for advice

Hey guys im new to the forum!

Im picking up my Insignia next monday. Its a 2009 2.0CDTI SRI (160hp) Really slick looking car.

Im just looking to do a few upgrades to it and wondered if you could help.

I am looking to fit LEDs to the gear surround do you guys have any links on how to install or where i can buy em from?

And also will be looking to upgrade to an android screen on the center console - again does anyone have links on how to's and where to buy?

Thanks in advance

PT

Welcome.
    The led strip can easily be purchased on ebay.
    As for installing it just tuck the wire in under the surround and feed the wire under the gear stick area to the front cigar lighter and and tap in to the thin yellow wire and negative black wire.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Welcome.
      The led strip can easily be purchased on ebay.
      As for installing it just tuck the wire in under the surround and feed the wire under the gear stick area to the front cigar lighter and and tap in to the thin yellow wire and negative black wire.
      Ahh that seems easy enough, will i still have use of the cigarette port? or am i effectively snipping wires and then hooking both up to the LED. Sorry im not great with electronics, do you know if there is a picture or diagram?

Comment

Yes you would snip bit of the wire sleeving off so the wire is exposed on the cigar wiring then wrap your led wire around the cigar wiring and taped up with electrical taped

Comment

Working...
        X