Any ex miners ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ex miners ?

found some photos of my old workplace, Murton colliery ,it went down in late 1991,,would go back tonight,in nightshift,at the drop of a hat,,great timesClick image for larger version

Name:	31421519_1963585777303623_7879653675344330752_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	248862

Click image for larger version

Name:	murton-colliery-produced-its-millionth-tonne-of-the-financial-year-B4R7WP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	248863
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Heres a picture of my brother when he used to be a minor

The official website for all things Disney: theme parks, resorts, movies, tv programs, characters, games, videos, music, shopping, and more!
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post

https://www.babble.com/wp-content/up...yNames_630.jpg
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I enjoyed that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Some people say i am still a minor

Comment

1000,000 tons where did it all go ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by conno57 View Post
                1000,000 tons where did it all go ?
                Drax power station, I think

Comment

Probably,drax is running full whack, has to as all the other power stations have been shut..
                  sigpic

Comment

Dave-- I can remember when nearly every village up here had one or more pits,they had some of the most friendly people you could meet,dam disgrace the way the pits were shut and all the miners just left to get on with it--even more of a disgrace when most of the pits were still full of coal----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      Dave-- I can remember when nearly every village up here had one or more pits,they had some of the most friendly people you could meet,dam disgrace the way the pits were shut and all the miners just left to get on with it--even more of a disgrace when most of the pits were still full of coal----Dave
                      What was even worse was, the millions of pounds worth of machinery that's left down them all, just abandoned

Comment

Just totally disgusting---our so called governments just wanted all the pits closed down and everything demolished as soon as possible,total vandalism on an industrial scale--Dave

Comment

Yeo,we lost five in this area that I can remember.
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

What’s the crack though? Why did our corrupt government want them closing down? Btw I’m not been sarcastic I’m actually quite intrigued

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Maggie thatcher did a deal with Ronald Reagan to import American coal cheaper plus her chance shoot down the unions !
                              I knew a couple of lads from the Durham area who where dragged from the picket line by the police and straight into court and given 18 month prison ,hard working minors who was never in any bother in there lives !! (maggie thatcher the picket snatcher)

Comment

Working...
                              X