Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insigina Key Stuck In Ignition

Hi

Can you help with an recent annoying fault my 2015 auto Insigina is having?

When I stop and put the the car into Park, turn off the engine, I can't remove the key from the ignition. I have to re-start the car, go into drive then back into Park to release the key. On some occasions I've had to do this a number of times.

I'm kind of thinking it maybe the gear lever not telling the car to release the key.

Has anyone come across anything similar and what was the fix?

Thanks

Watch your leg do you keep it on brake pedal?

Comment

Hi I had the same issue as you on my 15 plate cdti auto. I had to have the complete gear leaver mechanism changed in the car. The solenoid which operates when you put the leaver in park and have your foot on the brake is at fault but cannot be bought on its own. There is a superseded part number, so there must be a problem with the mechanism.

Comment

Hi Hulk1978
        I am having the same issue as you now. Did the change of gearshift mechanism solve your problem.

Comment

Steve, he has not been on the forum for quite a while now mate so you might wait a long time for an answer - - - Dave

Comment

Ok thanks for that. Steve

Comment

Hello Steve S
              I think the Hulk 1987 is out trashing buildings and beating up superman or any other super hero .
              As David Banner once said "Don't make me angry,you won't like me when I'm angry "
              The hulk has not been seen since 2018
              It maybe worth while starting a new thread of your own
              Rather than jumping on an old thread !
              10-4 rubber Hulk .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I started a thread on this yesterday. I just happen to notice the ‘old’ thread list and took a chance that I would get an answer from them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS View Post
                  I started a thread on this yesterday. I just happen to notice the ‘old’ thread list and took a chance that I would get an answer from them.
                  I gave you the solution to this yesterday.
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                    I gave you the solution to this yesterday.
                    I saw that too... Had a wee chuckle at VX tech as they never knew about your solution to the ops problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      I saw that too... Had a wee chuckle at VX tech as they never knew about your solution to the ops problem.
                      It’s like some people don’t believe us when we give them the solution, at least they could go and try it before they still start digging up old threads from years ago.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi witty
                        I will try your fix today if I can get the car not to release the key.
                        I just want to get the problem solve permanently because on a bad day the key gets stuck 3 to 4 times and I can’t be bothered to keep taking the lever cover off I and using the unlocking tool.
                        Have you permanently solved the issue

Comment

theadthead

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS View Post
                            Hi witty
                            I will try your fix today if I can get the car not to release the key.
                            I just want to get the problem solve permanently because on a bad day the key gets stuck 3 to 4 times and I can’t be bothered to keep taking the lever cover off I and using the unlocking tool.
                            Have you permanently solved the issue
                            When I use the the reset tool, it lasts for quite a few months. Think I have used it twice in just over twelve months. I certainly would not be paying Vauxhall prices for any of there guessing games as they are f***ing expensive anyway.
                            What if a new barrel doesn’t solve the problem, are they going to take another guess and charge you an arm and a leg every time they take a guess at what it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                              It’s like some people don’t believe us when we give them the solution, at least they could go and try it before they still start digging up old threads from years ago.
                              It's like most new members when they post..... straight into their problem, get the tried and tested solution and they either don't try it, don't believe you or piss off never to return coz its worked.

At least the OP is searching for different ways to resolve his issue, but..........I would at least have tried your fix, before searching any further.

OP, when searching for answers, have a look at the dates the "member" posted, also check how many posts they've had and even click onto they're profile and see when they last logged in.

The one you clicked above, joined, made 1 post, never to return......these are the types of fukwits that do my tits in on a forum.
                              They join up, to get a solution never to return until another problem arises........that's why I would never respond, as you can tell the type of member they are just by the initial post.

Comment

Working...
                              X