Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a power opening boot open with the boot control module disconnected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a power opening boot open with the boot control module disconnected?

Hi all, I have a variety of errors with my car, the mechanic said he had finally traced them to the boot control module, left it disconnected and all of the errors went and came back when connected. As the part was going to be 5-10 days and it's the only car in the house he said to have it while I wait for the part with the module left disconnected so everything else worked apart from the boot. Two days later the errors came back again!

Just now I have had a kind neighbour knock on the door to inform me the boot is open! Tried to close it but it would just open every time, then it wouldn't close when pressing the key, so I've closed it manually and disconnected the battery to ensure it stays closed over night.

Thinking about it though, if the boot control module is disconnected, how is the boot opening itself?

Please could someone point me in the direction of where it is to see if it's been knocked maybe and reconnected itself some how?

It is in the right hand side of the boot behind the pull down flap. There is a black box with 3 connectors going in the top.

Was it wet did he say?

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look tonight. He didn't mention that, he used to work at Vauxhall and spoke to someone who still works there who had an insignia in with the same issues that was resolved by replacing the module.

Comment

Working...
      X