Fog light DRLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    I haven't a diagram mate,, I would work out which is positive and negative,,, put these to your battery positive and negative of your battery... Whilst these are connected touch the positive with each of the other wires to see what happens,, ie dim, or indicate,, then you'll know where they go
    Had a play. Dropped the bumper and looked at the clips holding the housing in.. instantly thought beep that ha.

Gotta feeling ok have to remove the bumper to get them out.

Putting the black and red to the battery I got nothing. Tried all sorts until I put the white and yellow to power. They then lit up.

Putting one of the wires located at the plug lit the light up yellow so looks like I got a very good deal considering the yellow ones cost over 90.

Comment

yeah,itll be asier with bumper off completely,,,these also a hidden pin to remove each of the chrome trims in front of fog surrounds,,youll see it better with bumper off
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        yeah,itll be asier with bumper off completely,,,these also a hidden pin to remove each of the chrome trims in front of fog surrounds,,youll see it better with bumper off
        Ok managed to fit them. Hands cut to ribbons and a few broken clips on the silver bit but nothing glue won't fix.

The only issue I'm having is that if I leave them hooked to the battery along with the yellow wire they won't switch off even when the car is locked.

I've got some snap locks but I'm not to sure on the colours I need to be snapping into. If anyone could help I need.

DRL colour
        Low beam colour
        Indicators both left and right.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
          Ok managed to fit them. Hands cut to ribbons and a few broken clips on the silver bit but nothing glue won't fix.

The only issue I'm having is that if I leave them hooked to the battery along with the yellow wire they won't switch off even when the car is locked.

I've got some snap locks but I'm not to sure on the colours I need to be snapping into. If anyone could help I need.

DRL colour
          Low beam colour
          Indicators both left and right.

Thank you
          Sorry to double post but I managed to figure it all out.

So I wrapped bright drl wire around fuse 5 and then the dim light around fuse 50.

This gave them power which flick on with the ignition and dim down when the low beam comes on.

The indicators were a little more tricky. I had to go the the loom behind each lamp and splice into the indicator wire.

Very happy with the result mind you. A worthwhile upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X