2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon199102 View Post
    Haha I'm still awaiting some mats for my cupholders that were ordered back in Nov.

There currently in Guangzhou..where it's being for the past 15 days ha.
    Think I waited a good 6 weeks for the fog surrounds
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash . LED Fog surrounds.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs all round. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the lights are here and with no instructions. I guess the term plug in and play doesn't translate well into mandarin.

Anyone know how to remove the fog light surrounds?

Thank you

Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the lights are here and with no instructions. I guess the term plug in and play doesn't translate well into mandarin.

Anyone know how to remove the fog light surrounds?

Thank you
    you need to drop bumper forwar ,to get at the fog surrounds from behind,,they were a bit of a pain to get out,prepare for some swearing
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash . LED Fog surrounds.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs all round. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.

4. Thanks Jon199102 Thanked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exclusiv. View Post
    you need to drop bumper forwar ,to get at the fog surrounds from behind,,they were a bit of a pain to get out,prepare for some swearing
    Haha I am.

Messaged the seller yesterday and there is no wiring diagram or any instructions which isn't very useful..

I have two options. One fit them and have a auto electrician come around and do the wiring part.

Or two have a go with it myself.

What am thinking is to wire the positive and negative to the battery. The yellow and white lead I believe are the dimmer / and one for the hazard warning lights.

The wires on the plug end I believe are for the individual indicator in which I will need to tap into the correct wire.

By any chance does anyone have a wiring diagram for the AFL lights. Can't see to find out which one it is.

First picture is of the power side. The plug is what connects to the lights.

Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't a diagram mate,, I would work out which is positive and negative,,, put these to your battery positive and negative of your battery... Whilst these are connected touch the positive with each of the other wires to see what happens,, ie dim, or indicate,, then you'll know where they go

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't a diagram mate,, I would work out which is positive and negative,,, put these to your battery positive and negative of your battery... Whilst these are connected touch the positive with each of the other wires to see what happens,, ie dim, or indicate,, then you'll know where they go
    Had a play. Dropped the bumper and looked at the clips holding the housing in.. instantly thought beep that ha.

Gotta feeling ok have to remove the bumper to get them out.

Putting the black and red to the battery I got nothing. Tried all sorts until I put the white and yellow to power. They then lit up.

Putting one of the wires located at the plug lit the light up yellow so looks like I got a very good deal considering the yellow ones cost over 90.

8. Likes exclusiv. liked
    Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah,itll be asier with bumper off completely,,,these also a hidden pin to remove each of the chrome trims in front of fog surrounds,,youll see it better with bumper off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah,itll be asier with bumper off completely,,,these also a hidden pin to remove each of the chrome trims in front of fog surrounds,,youll see it better with bumper off
    Ok managed to fit them. Hands cut to ribbons and a few broken clips on the silver bit but nothing glue won't fix.

The only issue I'm having is that if I leave them hooked to the battery along with the yellow wire they won't switch off even when the car is locked.

I've got some snap locks but I'm not to sure on the colours I need to be snapping into. If anyone could help I need.

DRL colour
    Low beam colour
    Indicators both left and right.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok managed to fit them. Hands cut to ribbons and a few broken clips on the silver bit but nothing glue won't fix.

The only issue I'm having is that if I leave them hooked to the battery along with the yellow wire they won't switch off even when the car is locked.

I've got some snap locks but I'm not to sure on the colours I need to be snapping into. If anyone could help I need.

DRL colour
    Low beam colour
    Indicators both left and right.

Thank you
    Sorry to double post but I managed to figure it all out.

So I wrapped bright drl wire around fuse 5 and then the dim light around fuse 50.

This gave them power which flick on with the ignition and dim down when the low beam comes on.

The indicators were a little more tricky. I had to go the the loom behind each lamp and splice into the indicator wire.

Very happy with the result mind you. A worthwhile upgrade.

12. Likes marko301 liked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2