Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog light DRLs

Hi all.

Just being looking at Ali express for some DRL fog lights. Being looking at the below.

Anyone have any experience with them or suggest anything better?

Thank you

exclusiv. has them fitted to his. Work well I think but one had a water leak. Not sure if he's sorted it. He should be along shortly to tell you more.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have them will post a pic later
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        Hi all.

Just being looking at Ali express for some DRL fog lights. Being looking at the below.

Anyone have any experience with them or suggest anything better?

Thank you
        Click image for larger version

Name:	6f35e8cf9b9cfacb73dca9e317c0cd5f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	242792

Click image for larger version

Name:	f3eb544b9f5df66e6a10e1888abaaa04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	242793

these dim down by 50% when dipped beam comes on,,,had to drill a tiny hole in passenger side one,as it started to mist up,and ali express customer service is shitter than ****,,if you get some I would run some silicon around the join to be sure,,drivers side has been fine though
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]673[/ATTACH]

these dim down by 50% when dipped beam comes on,,,had to drill a tiny hole in passenger side one,as it started to mist up,and ali express customer service is shitter than ****,,if you get some I would run some silicon around the join to be sure,,drivers side has been fine though

Hi exclusiv. Thank you for your reply.

Ahhh they do look good though and go with the car.

The one I linked I messaged prior to purchasing just to be sure. He stated that these wouldn't fit my car as they were to big.. I tried to have him explain as to why they would fit a Opel insignia but not a Vauxhall insignia. I had no look.

Do you have a link to the ones you purchased? Also how was fitting them?

Thank you.

Comment

the link for the particular ones I got are not there anymore,,,,fitting,they just replace your existing fog light surrounds,,needs bumper tilting forward for access,,,wire into a switched live in the engine bay fusebox ,then the other positive to the dipped beam feed,so they dim down with headlights,,heres a link to another set ive found,seems they've gone up in price,as these were only about 60 quid ish

I know it says buick regal,but these will fit the facelift insignia

Comment

cheaper set

Comment

Ordered thank you the wait begins.

Would you be able to take a picture of the wiring for me so I can copy? Ha.

Comment

Ordered thank you the wait begins.

Would you be able to take a picture of the wiring for me so I can copy? Ha.
                  pm me when they come and ill send you some pics,,,,ill expect a pm about February

Comment

pm me when they come and ill send you some pics,,,,ill expect a pm about February
                    Haha I'm still awaiting some mats for my cupholders that were ordered back in Nov.

There currently in Guangzhou..where it's being for the past 15 days ha.

Comment

Haha I'm still awaiting some mats for my cupholders that were ordered back in Nov.

There currently in Guangzhou..where it's being for the past 15 days ha.
                      Think I waited a good 6 weeks for the fog surrounds

Comment

Well the lights are here and with no instructions. I guess the term plug in and play doesn't translate well into mandarin.

Anyone know how to remove the fog light surrounds?

Thank you

Comment

Well the lights are here and with no instructions. I guess the term plug in and play doesn't translate well into mandarin.

Anyone know how to remove the fog light surrounds?

Thank you
                          you need to drop bumper forwar ,to get at the fog surrounds from behind,,they were a bit of a pain to get out,prepare for some swearing

Comment

you need to drop bumper forwar ,to get at the fog surrounds from behind,,they were a bit of a pain to get out,prepare for some swearing
                            Haha I am.

Messaged the seller yesterday and there is no wiring diagram or any instructions which isn't very useful..

I have two options. One fit them and have a auto electrician come around and do the wiring part.

Or two have a go with it myself.

What am thinking is to wire the positive and negative to the battery. The yellow and white lead I believe are the dimmer / and one for the hazard warning lights.

The wires on the plug end I believe are for the individual indicator in which I will need to tap into the correct wire.

By any chance does anyone have a wiring diagram for the AFL lights. Can't see to find out which one it is.

First picture is of the power side. The plug is what connects to the lights.

Comment

I haven't a diagram mate,, I would work out which is positive and negative,,, put these to your battery positive and negative of your battery... Whilst these are connected touch the positive with each of the other wires to see what happens,, ie dim, or indicate,, then you'll know where they go

Comment

Working...
                              X