No announcement yet.

Possible mileage issue..or I'm doing it wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay guys (and girls??), cheers for your comments. I've just come back from the showroom and still, no new info. The garage part of the showroom shuts half-day on Saturday. and I was too late. However, the guy I spoke to agreed this is weird and asked me to call my poc on Monday. Hopefully, I can get it looked at by then.

For now, I'm gonna reset the 'Trip' record and drive somewhere to see if it measures accurate mileage.

Also, regarding the high MPG, he said not to worry about it. Apparently, it takes about 500 miles before they start showing accurate MPG -- I don't know a lick about cars so you be the judge.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Reset one trip after taking photos for evidence. Drive for a set distance and see if trip milage is added exactly to total milage. Would expect mpg to be in 30's at least.
      The higher mileage is normal it is a brand new car. Engine needs to loosen up first.

Comment

Drive on a route that you know the exact miles end to end. Then check this against your mileage, you will know then for sure if it's working.

Comment

Okay, finally got an update but to my disappointment, no big revelation :/

The guys at Vauxhall Service kept it over night and tested it; they plugged in and ran diagnostics as well as taking the car out on a trip couple of times (and recording mileage), and apparently all was normal. The trip computers and total mileage all added up accurately, and the mileage didn't jump overnight either (which was one of the concerns raised). So no fault as such was found :/

They did advise me to keep manual logs of mileage and to come back to them once any discrepancies was found.

I still don't believe I drove 300 miles within 2 weeks (not to mention on a single tank!)..it feels like the computer glitched out in the beginning and then went back to normal..but they didn't find anything suspicious at all in the logs. Fair's fair to them for testing it though..for now, I'm just gonna keep using it and do logs.

Btw, does any of you know how I can go about to get a reversing camera (and sensors??) for this car?

Comment

If all else fails, do what's against the laws of being a man and read the owners manual😉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyjaffa View Post
              If all else fails, do what's against the laws of being a man and read the owners manual😉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
              This made me laugh so hard

Unfortunately, I had already broken that law -- it was the first thing I did before even contacting the showroom haha.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X