Camera feed stuck on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera feed stuck on screen

I washed my car today by hand and indoors, and after that the 360 degree camera and multimedia display started going haywire.

Now the camera feed just stays on after starting the car, and stays on until the engine is turned off. Nothing else is shown no matter what I do, home and back button don't do anything. When putting on reverse, it shows the 360 and rear camera (as it should), and when putting back to D, it shows the 360 and front camera and (as it should), but the video screen just sits there forever even when I start driving. Quite annoying, I can't control the multimedia settings while the camera feed is stuck on the screen. Steering wheel controls and the driver's display work normally.

However, it looks like you can control the touch screen blindly, even when the camera feed is on, because I could go and mess with the audio settings and AC settings, but the camera image just blocks the view on the screen.

Anyone else seen this behavior? The car is going to the dealer anyway for door sills installation next thursday, so they can check this at the same time.

You could try the usual electrical gremlin fix....................disconnect battery for 15 mins
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No downsides related to battery disconnection? Other than some settings resetting.

Comment

Shouldn't be
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Battery was off for 30 minutes, didn't help. Looks to me like the multimedia system is dead. Gonna let the dealer sort it out.

A three week old car.

Comment

That's not good. Do you think it's related to the washing of the car i.e. water ingress somewhere or just a coincidence?

Comment

If I had to guess it has something to do with washing the car, as there were no issues before that. Or then it's just really bad luck.

No pressure washer used, just wash mitt and water hose. If water got into somewhere it shouldn't then it doesn't sound like good waterproofing to me. Hard to say what has happened.

Comment

Apparently a software bug. Will get a software update next week.

Comment

Working...
                X