Waxing the windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing the windscreen

Does anyone treat their windscreen to a wax coating?

Had a buddy at work mention that he does this and he says it stops a frost forming on cold mornings...................

Think he's pulling your leg pal merry Christmas

Comment

Surly wax on the windscreen would make it smeary. Rain x might work better

Comment

Tried it, it doesn't make it smeary,
        but doesn't help with frost either.

The only thing I've noticed is that rain flows off it more easily.

Comment

You never ever wax your windscreen might look ok in daylight try it at night in pouring rain you won't see a thing there is loads of preparations to help rain run off your screen

Comment

It remained nice and clear even on a rainy night,
            haven't had any trouble.

Not saying that OP should do it tho.

Comment

Read any waxing product and it tells you not to go near windscreen I wonder why !!!

Comment

Whatever dude, I'm just saying it didn't do any harm.

Comment

This forum is all about opinions and we're all entitled to our own i would never put wax on my windscreen

Comment

I have used the Rain X kit,clay bar and lube for windscreens and the cleaner,made a big change to glass clarity.Now just use Rain X glass cleaner.
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I also use Rain X.

The water just runs straight up the screen when you are on the move.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I used the rain x clay bar kit to prep the screen and then used a nano glaze on it. Found that I only have to apply in every 6 months or so.

Comment

yeah i ended up going down the clay bar road and rain x crystal clear now was surprised at how shitty my windscreen was

Comment

After cleaning the car i use Autoglym fast glass on windows and mirrors.
                            never had any issues
                            Lots of products run water off, but not heard of one that stops frost etc, be nice if there was though
                            North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

Originally posted by Barnoe View Post
                              After cleaning the car i use Autoglym fast glass on windows and mirrors.
                              never had any issues
                              Lots of products run water off, but not heard of one that stops frost etc, be nice if there was though
                              You can you use some de-icers as a frost stopper. Just spray it on the night before and it stops it from forming.

Comment

Working...
                              X