Clutch Performance Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jase mac View Post
    You need to call VX direct. They will give you a reference number. Get a photo of dash warning message and email it to them. You also need to take a screenshot of the messages on this page. They will have to take notice then. If that doesn’t work post stuff on VXs Facebook page as they hate bad press. Got my car back now all fixed under warranty. When I asked what was wrong with it the garage wouldn’t tell me.
    Bad press is the key to this. As you say Vx (and all other manufacturers) hate it. The Dealers will have been told to keep quiet.

Don't point them towards the thread actually copy the text and email them with it. Be polite but insistent. Threaten to put it on Facebook and in the motoring press. After the VAG emissions scandal they don't need any bad press.
    All the best, keep us informed.

Comment

To all those that had the issue 'sorted' by a software alteration or recalibration are you sure that they haven't just switched off the notification?

Sorry my twisted mind is working here. If you are nearly at 18k which is the warranty mileage limit for a clutch is this just a way to get you to 21 or 22k so Vx can say they're sorry it is over the mileage limit.

Devious mind, is mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Fatfred View Post
        To all those that had the issue 'sorted' by a software alteration or recalibration are you sure that they haven't just switched off the notification?

Sorry my twisted mind is working here. If you are nearly at 18k which is the warranty mileage limit for a clutch is this just a way to get you to 21 or 22k so Vx can say they're sorry it is over the mileage limit.

Devious mind, is mine!
        But true if it was not true the dealer would have said "we have switched it of untill parts arrive" but the way i read it they just kept quite until questioned.

Comment

If it helps. My local Vauxhall garage called me today to say Vauxhall had agreed to replace the whole clutch and flywheel under warranty. I think this proves there is a known issue. The dealership firstly told me that the clutch plate only carries an18,000 mile warranty unlike the car which had a 60,000 mile warranty.
          HI Jace, had your car covered more or less than 18000 miles? I started having this problem just over a month ago on my 17 plate sports tourer, the dealer wanted to replace the clutch but because of 23000 mileage had to raise a case with vauxhall who are denying any knowledge of this fault. Cheers

Comment

No it was on 41,000 so way over the clutch warranty. Done another 10,000 since it was changed with no issues. The garage did raise a case with Vauxhall though before the agreed to replace it.

Comment

Thanks. Do you have any paperwork you'd be willing to share with me regarding this issue. Cheers

Comment

Sorry first poster - have had the same issue develop tonight and also the true pressure issue do we know if any recalls in this model vxline 67 plate ?

Comment

Sorry. No paperwork all done over the phone. You need to take a photo of the warning message when it appears on the dash. That worked for me.

Comment

Sorry. No paperwork all done over the phone. You need to take a photo of the warning message when it appears on the dash. That worked for me.
                    Jase have you owned your car since new or are you a second owner?

Comment

Brought it 6months old from main Vauxhall dealer in Stafford. Was their demo, had 7,000 miles on it.

Comment

Had my car in at Arnold Clark today to be told a software updare was the problem , got the car home and guess what up through the gears and it flashes up again , does anyone have a battle cry sentence they used ?

Comment

Bought mine last week with 14k on it.

Started receiving the ‘Reduced performance, reduce clutch use’ message pretty much straight away. Lost power regularly in 5th / 6th when accelerating which culminated in a ‘Service Transmission’ message after less than a week.

Took to dealer who advised me to be careful not to overuse the clutch, cleared the errors etc. Day later lost power again, they thankfully took it in and are doing a clutch.

Comment

Insignia grand sport

Originally posted by shotb83 View Post
                            bought mine last week with 14k on it.

Started receiving the ‘reduced performance, reduce clutch use’ message pretty much straight away. Lost power regularly in 5th / 6th when accelerating which culminated in a ‘service transmission’ message after less than a week.

Took to dealer who advised me to be careful not to overuse the clutch, cleared the errors etc. Day later lost power again, they thankfully took it in and are doing a clutch.
                            i have the same issue but vx said its down to my driving style (crap) its the cheap clutchs you are using still waiting on a manager to phone me back. Was told by arnold clark it will cost me £1500.00

Comment

anyone got an answer for vx to have this fixed under warranty car has only dun 10500 and a year and half old

Comment

And what is it about your driving style that is different from anybody elses, have they told you?
                                Does it happen if someone else drives the car.
                                At that mileage and age I would be pressuring the dealer to investigate the fault and don't take the car back until the fault has been identified and fixed. If it was me I would be very very calm but very very firm with the dealer. Have you got pictures of the message on the dash to show the dealer?
                                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                                X