No announcement yet.

Clutch Performance Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took it in to dealers and they said they couldn't find anything wrong and I would need to bring it in when the fault occurred again so the could see it. I argued with them saying that it is an intermittent fault and the message only comes up for a few seconds. I showed them the photo of the message again but it didnt make any difference. My mate is a mechanic in another branch and I spoke to him about it and he said take it in to them. I booked it in and after a bit of deliberation they fixed it and installed a new clutch, under warranty. I was advised to say the clutch was sticking though as this forces them to strip it under warranty. So worst case if they wont replace it under warranty you don't pay the labour for stripping it down you only pay for the new clutch

Comment

So I've had the pleasure of the clutch performance message and slipping clutch 3 times now. At its worst it has slipped at 1800 - 2200rpm in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th. The car has been in the garage countless times for diagnostics and 3 times for actual warranty work totalling over 6 weeks.

Car is a 2018 Insignia sports tourer 1.6 diesel 136ps and is now 9 months old.

First visit (4-5000 miles from new, 2 months old) vauxhall replaced hydraulic components. I'm a little vague on the details as the garage didn't want to go into the details but I believe they replaced the slave and possibly master cylinders. This solved the problem for about 5000 miles.

Second visit (clutch slip started again at about 4 months old at 9000 miles, it took until 16000 miles to be diagnosed and work carried out). Vauxhall flashed the ECU to remove the message and to stop the engines behaviour when it detected slip. Now it was able to rev through the problem rather than cutting power. This didn't fix the problem but allowed the car to rev through the slip and the car accelerate with the clutch slipping a bit like a dodgy torque converter.

3rd visit (a couple of weeks after visit two) vauxhall replaced the whole clutch kit. DMF, friction plate, pressure plate and slave cylinder. I think vauxhall also flashed the ECU to reduce peak engine torque, the car felt less able to accelerate at cruising revs. I've also had a mates code reader plugged in which displayed an engine torque setting of 288Nm as apposed to the 320Nm advertised, unfortunately I don't have a reading from before they did the work.

Is anyone able to plug a reader into the same model car and see what their torque is set to if displayed and upload a screenshot? I'll try and get a photo of mine when I can next borrow the reader...

This solved the problem until last week when it started slipping again at 19000 miles (9 months old). It's booked in for diagnostics later this month. Should be interesting...

Comment

Had the above clutch performance warnings for last couple of months, on monday clutch dropped straight to floor, towed to car dealership.... Clutch, cylinder and pipework all replaced under warranty. Insignia 2.0CTDi, 2 years old 24000......beware clutch performance warning!

Comment

Hey Guys. Just joined new member..but I had this today (29.09.19 from my 12wk old recently purchased 19 2.0td vx-line (1st) finance btw 💩 🙄🤗 warn me 3 times in 20mins..absolutely Shat my Pants 🤬 driving in 6th gear at 60 only when I pressed the accelerator to the floor that special Clutch took control over my Car. Scary feeling when you have no control over your Car, albeit it's only split seconds and driving at speed limit but take a quick look in your rear mirror and there you see your little boy and girl questioning why it feels like there on a ship at sea and there Captain reeks of Shite 🤦*♂️💩
          Gets better tho...
          Yesterday as I returned home happy as larry 💙⚽️ with my Son .my concern began (28.09.19) as my Wife nervously explained her own personal Shitty experience, thinking I would go crazy at her, cos it was her fault 🤔 glad she got herself and my little Girl home safe and alive WHEN THE CLUTCH DECIDED TO JAM ON as the GREEN WARNING LIGHT flashes to say UP6..where was the flashing REDUCED PERFORMANCE RELEASE CLUTCH PRESSURE warning light yesterday When you decided to take CONTROL OF MY LIFE as your DODGY CLUTCH decides when it wants to work...
          As any Family Man would I decided to take the Car out that evening..I returned home 35mins later, driving no more than 20mile and of course driving with care. As I parked outside my house, I could smell burning from the rear, exhaust all sooted black..but as entered my garden it sound as if my Car was still running? It wasn't. The noise was coming from the engine as it tried so desperately to cool itself down. Lifted the bonnet and the fan wasn't even moving. Pressured air coming out from underneath that shiny new cover.
          No help today from the Dealer as no mechanics on a Sunday. I've to phone back 8am 30.09.19 for Services..Couldn't get me off the phone quick enough as there must have been another hard working tax payer looking for his Services...goodbye 🤲👎

Comment

I have the same problem with mine. 67 plate 2litre sri nav. 32k miles

Went into the garage who said there is definitely a problem and the clutch also doesn't disengage correctly but ultimately they didn't have enough evidence without stripping it down to raise a tech case with Vauxhall and they want £300 to strip it down.

After stripping it down if they find its warranty they will replace it, if not I either pay £1500 for a new clutch or whatever else is broken or pay £300 for them to put it back together. Needless to say I've taken the car back.

So... I spoke to Vauxhall customer services and they rang the dealer i took it to and came to the same conclusion, they want to strip it.

I've since been in live chat and they have asked someone to call me back, no doubt to repeat the same words.

Very disappointed, I used this forum as evidence but their response was "we can't fix it because someone on a forum has said its this"

This car has been in for warranty repairs 4-5 times now in the four months I've owned it, my old insignia that I had for four years had only ever had consumables replaced!

Looks like they hit a build quality peak on the 2nd gen pre face lifts and just completely abandoned it for the Insignia B!

Comment

Couldn't agree more, this is my 3rd Insignia, always liked them. Got my doubts about this one. Looking at forums etc, which I shouldn't do according to Vauxhall. There seems to be issues especially with Clutch....... Luckily my wife was only doing 20/30 mph when clutch dropped to the floor and all power lost......

Comment

L36ben,
                Is car on hp, phone them, tell them to take it back, they own the car until last payment.

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
                  L36ben,
                  Is car on hp, phone them, tell them to take it back, they own the car until last payment.
                  So this is my next step, I've given vauxhall further details of the clutches quirks and it is back in on monday to see if from that information they can raise a case.

If not I will be contacting my finance provider, however I see them putting it down to wear and tear and washing their hands of it.

Comment

this issue seems very common on the facebook pages.... looks like the clutch for the 170 is not suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                      this issue seems very common on the facebook pages.... looks like the clutch for the 170 is not suitable.
                      Can you link me, I dont use Facebook but I'll give the link to the mrs so I can screenshot it for evidence

Comment

not sure you can link facebook pages of you're not a member of the page, .. but this is a clip of a basic search:

Graham Steel to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        October 4 at 7:14 PM ·
                        Anyone experienced any clutch issues as it? Mines 6 months old, 11k miles and already slipping. Just dropped it off at the main stealers today. Oh and my ride home ��
                        'Anyone experienced any clutch issues as it? Mines 6 months old, 11k miles and already slipping. Just dropped it off at the main stealers today.

Oh and my ride home ��'
                        25 Comments

Chris Dennis Mines comes up with "reduced performance reduce clutch use" usually when I floor it. It revs but has no go (like a wheel spin) then suddenly it'll stop doing it and go.

George David Marsden to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        July 11 at 9:50 PM ·
                        So got new slave cylinder and hoses fitted in car today. If anyone is unsure about clutch performance I suggest you take it in. Mine is now so much smoother and responsive on gear changes than before!
                        4 Comments

Brian Shotton to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        April 15 at 11:48 AM ·
                        Has anyone else come across the ‘Reduced Performance, Reduce Clutch Use’ message?
                        14 Comments
                        1 Share

October 19 at 10:23 PM ·
                        Has anyone else that has had the recall for clutch cylinder replacement found that performance is still below what you would expect. Mine has on occasion almost stalled yet revs spiked like the clutch...
                        7 Comments

Darren Adam to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        October 19 at 7:40 PM ·
                        Well car is away in for the 3rd time on Tuesday. Getting the lovely "Reduced Performance, Reduce Clutch Use" message every time I accelerate in 4th 5th or 6th gear. Arnold Clark have never heard of thi...
                        12 Comments

Matt Willison to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        July 3 at 7:24 PM ·
                        ...Just sitting in traffic & lost all pressure behind clutch pedal & it falls to the floor & won't go in gear, then it all comes back & drives fine. Any ideas?
                        'Can anyone shed any light on this issue and help my mate Dave out.

Just sitting in traffic & lost all pressure behind clutch pedal & it falls to the floor & won't go in gear, then it all comes back & drives fine. Any ideas?'
                        34 Comments

George David Marsden Total pressure loss seems intermittent for me. But also get weird clutch performance at times like you arnt getting full engagement which could be all same thing

Paolo Gonzales to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        September 8 at 7:52 PM ·
                        Just bought a 2018 1.5t petrol Elite. Is it a Grand Sport? Does it need additional rust proof treatment? Where can I get Eu mapping upgrade? Common issues/good features/recommendations ? Thank y’all
                        'Just bought a 2018 1.5t petrol Elite.
                        Is it a Grand Sport?
                        Does it need additional rust proof treatment?
                        Where can I get Eu mapping upgrade?
                        Common issues/good features/recommendations ?
                        Thank y’all '
                        10 Comments

Ty Cox How can you tell when the master cylinder/clutch performance is slacking ? ?

Neil Staniforth to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        November 11 at 9:49 PM ·
                        Car is booked in for the 'reduced performance' issue, dealer says there maybe a charge if its not a warrenty fix of £85, says it might be im riding the clutch!! really! after 25k i dont think so, lets see what they say.
                        17 Comments

Tommy Clubvaux 1 thing I've found out recently is clutches are only covered on warranty up to 18k ��������, personally I find this shocking but something to be aware of and more reason to insist a technical case is raised.

Scott Mcpherson to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                        December 20, 2018 at 7:11 PM ·
                        ...plate grand sport sri service vehicle soon appeared on dash a few times saying something about load on clutch and went into limp mode a few times while overtaking booked it into dealer to have it chec...
                        11 Comments

Graham Knox Mine came up with the clutch message a few weeks ago, something like "Reduced performance, reduce clutch use". The dealer reprogrammed the clutch position sensor and it's been fine since.

Comment

not sure you can link facebook pages of you're not a member of the page, .. but this is a clip of a basic search:

Graham Steel to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          October 4 at 7:14 PM ·
                          Anyone experienced any clutch issues as it? Mines 6 months old, 11k miles and already slipping. Just dropped it off at the main stealers today. Oh and my ride home ��
                          'Anyone experienced any clutch issues as it? Mines 6 months old, 11k miles and already slipping. Just dropped it off at the main stealers today.

Oh and my ride home ��'
                          25 Comments

Chris Dennis Mines comes up with "reduced performance reduce clutch use" usually when I floor it. It revs but has no go (like a wheel spin) then suddenly it'll stop doing it and go.

July 11 at 9:50 PM ·
                          So got new slave cylinder and hoses fitted in car today. If anyone is unsure about clutch performance I suggest you take it in. Mine is now so much smoother and responsive on gear changes than before!
                          4 Comments

Brian Shotton to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          April 15 at 11:48 AM ·
                          Has anyone else come across the ‘Reduced Performance, Reduce Clutch Use’ message?
                          14 Comments
                          1 Share

October 19 at 10:23 PM ·
                          Has anyone else that has had the recall for clutch cylinder replacement found that performance is still below what you would expect. Mine has on occasion almost stalled yet revs spiked like the clutch...
                          7 Comments

Darren Adam to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          October 19 at 7:40 PM ·
                          Well car is away in for the 3rd time on Tuesday. Getting the lovely "Reduced Performance, Reduce Clutch Use" message every time I accelerate in 4th 5th or 6th gear. Arnold Clark have never heard of thi...
                          12 Comments

Matt Willison to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          July 3 at 7:24 PM ·
                          ...Just sitting in traffic & lost all pressure behind clutch pedal & it falls to the floor & won't go in gear, then it all comes back & drives fine. Any ideas?
                          'Can anyone shed any light on this issue and help my mate Dave out.

Just sitting in traffic & lost all pressure behind clutch pedal & it falls to the floor & won't go in gear, then it all comes back & drives fine. Any ideas?'
                          34 Comments

George David Marsden Total pressure loss seems intermittent for me. But also get weird clutch performance at times like you arnt getting full engagement which could be all same thing

Paolo Gonzales to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          September 8 at 7:52 PM ·
                          Just bought a 2018 1.5t petrol Elite. Is it a Grand Sport? Does it need additional rust proof treatment? Where can I get Eu mapping upgrade? Common issues/good features/recommendations ? Thank y’all
                          'Just bought a 2018 1.5t petrol Elite.
                          Is it a Grand Sport?
                          Does it need additional rust proof treatment?
                          Where can I get Eu mapping upgrade?
                          Common issues/good features/recommendations ?
                          Thank y’all '
                          10 Comments

Ty Cox How can you tell when the master cylinder/clutch performance is slacking ? ?

Neil Staniforth to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          November 11 at 9:49 PM ·
                          Car is booked in for the 'reduced performance' issue, dealer says there maybe a charge if its not a warrenty fix of £85, says it might be im riding the clutch!! really! after 25k i dont think so, lets see what they say.
                          17 Comments

Tommy Clubvaux 1 thing I've found out recently is clutches are only covered on warranty up to 18k ��������, personally I find this shocking but something to be aware of and more reason to insist a technical case is raised.

Scott Mcpherson to Insignia Grand Sport Owners
                          December 20, 2018 at 7:11 PM ·
                          ...plate grand sport sri service vehicle soon appeared on dash a few times saying something about load on clutch and went into limp mode a few times while overtaking booked it into dealer to have it chec...
                          11 Comments

Graham Knox Mine came up with the clutch message a few weeks ago, something like "Reduced performance, reduce clutch use". The dealer reprogrammed the clutch position sensor and it's been fine since.
                          Oh wow, how is this not a recall??

Comment

L36Ben - the same reason the Vectra 2.2i direct fuel pump wasn't despite it being on watchdog,... or the design fault with the wiper mechanism on the Vectra where is fell apart due to ingress of water.

look at Geioge David Marsden post,.. his dealer seems to have resolved the issue

Comment

L36Ben - the same reason the Vectra 2.2i direct fuel pump wasn't despite it being on watchdog,... or the design fault with the wiper mechanism on the Vectra where is fell apart due to ingress of water.

look at Geioge David Marsden post,.. his dealer seems to have resolved the issue
                              I'll have a look, I referenced all of the fixes on this thread though when I went to Lookers and I've even referenced it to Vauxhall and neither where bothered by anything on here.

Really bad from Vauxhall

Comment

that's odd. I bought my 2018 Vxline from Wilsons in Worksop, but I've had some warranty work done at Evans Halshaw in Hull, and have to say they are good, despite 3 attempts to bond the cills, more than happy. Very happy to help - I even had customer services at VX assist in the 3rd resolution and again, they were very willing to help out.

Comment

Working...
                                X