Clutch Performance Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    that's odd. I bought my 2018 Vxline from Wilsons in Worksop, but I've had some warranty work done at Evans Halshaw in Hull, and have to say they are good, despite 3 attempts to bond the cills, more than happy. Very happy to help - I even had customer services at VX assist in the 3rd resolution and again, they were very willing to help out.
    I've generally as a whole never had a problem getting warranty work completed on a car but for this issue they aren't budging.

This problem is not just on the insignia, I have a friend who has had it with his astra

What they dont seem to realise at the moment is that the recall needs to apply to the 2.0L as well

Comment

Originally posted by L36Ben View Post
      I've generally as a whole never had a problem getting warranty work completed on a car but for this issue they aren't budging.

This problem is not just on the insignia, I have a friend who has had it with his astra

What they dont seem to realise at the moment is that the recall needs to apply to the 2.0L as well
      I remember my first ever Vauxhall - 2007, it was the dreaded 2.2i direct Vectra. Fuel pumps, wiper mechanism, nothing was covered. Even though the faults were so common that Watchdog took up the issue. VX were not ccepting any liability. /However, since that, I've had great service from them - even got a full new set of wheels for my Facelift A VXLine when it was 18 months old - I wasn't even the first owner!

The irritating thing is that you will know you don't change your driving style so from that point nothing has changed and you will have never had a problem. This issue seems to be coming widespread on the 170 engine, and according to MattG on here who has just has his clutch replaced, the 170 fluywheel is like rocking horse poo to find, and if you buy it from LUK, then they won't provide a warranty with it so he has been advised....

Comment

I remember my first ever Vauxhall - 2007, it was the dreaded 2.2i direct Vectra. Fuel pumps, wiper mechanism, nothing was covered. Even though the faults were so common that Watchdog took up the issue. VX were not ccepting any liability. /However, since that, I've had great service from them - even got a full new set of wheels for my Facelift A VXLine when it was 18 months old - I wasn't even the first owner!

The irritating thing is that you will know you don't change your driving style so from that point nothing has changed and you will have never had a problem. This issue seems to be coming widespread on the 170 engine, and according to MattG on here who has just has his clutch replaced, the 170 fluywheel is like rocking horse poo to find, and if you buy it from LUK, then they won't provide a warranty with it so he has been advised....
        So, I've yet again had another conversation with the vauxhall "customer service" they are outright refusing to look at this without me paying £300.

Clutch is wear and tear apparently even though the issue on the other engine is the cylinder and it will soon turn out that the 2.0l has the exact same problem... because how different can the slave cylinder me between two diesel engines of the same model

Next step speak to the finance company and try to get rid.

Vauxhall have lost a customer, not that it will bother them in the slightest!!

Comment

You have had it less than 6 months, no problem to return it, Google for your rights.

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
            You have had it less than 6 months, no problem to return it, Google for your rights.
            So I've just spoken to the finance company and they said they would require a diagnostic to prove it has had the issue since I bought it and then they would be liable to pay for repairs.

Comment

Wouldn't argue with them, go on Google and copy relevant law, phone them back tell them to pick it up.

Comment

I'm now awaiting the finance company to call me as I've raised a complaint, they say they the finance company are obliged to repair the car if I can prove this is not a sudden mechanical failure and has been present since purchase. I'm waiting for a complaints manager to be assigned to me and I'm led to believe they could pay for the inspection out of their own pocket.

On another note I've just done a 40 mile drive back from my mum and dads, I've got it to show me the error about 30 times on the way back, I can actually make it do it on que now. I have photos and a video. The video shows me putting my foot down at 70(ish) in 6th gear and it does the warning 3 times within 5 seconds and then generously allows the car to accelerate. Also did it when accelerating from 58mph in 5th gear! Properly good!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClutchWarning.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	243981

Comment

Just an update, brought it in again and Vauxhall have diagnosed the fault and replaced the slave cylinder and pipes.

They asked the garage for photos of the clutch... maybe to see if the slave cylinder has caused damage?? Unsure

But they still have the car hopefully get it back tomorrow!

Comment

Same problems for me here. I boought a 17 plate INSIGNIA SPORTS TOURER SRI VX-LINE NAV 1956cc DIESEL in April. Problems started almost straight away. Returned to dealership who couldn't find anything "badly wrong" but ordered a new part and fitted it a week or so later. Things seemed fine for a couple of weeks then it started again, i took photos of the warning message as above ..... emailed dealer with photos and waited for them to get back to me. 4 weeks ago i got sick of waiting for a response and emailed Vauxhall direct after reading this thread. I am now in a to and fro of emails with them trying to get it sorted out.

Seems disappointing that its obviously known about and am left wondering why the dealers don't just sort it.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewD View Post
                      Same problems for me here. I boought a 17 plate INSIGNIA SPORTS TOURER SRI VX-LINE NAV 1956cc DIESEL in April. Problems started almost straight away. Returned to dealership who couldn't find anything "badly wrong" but ordered a new part and fitted it a week or so later. Things seemed fine for a couple of weeks then it started again, i took photos of the warning message as above ..... emailed dealer with photos and waited for them to get back to me. 4 weeks ago i got sick of waiting for a response and emailed Vauxhall direct after reading this thread. I am now in a to and fro of emails with them trying to get it sorted out.

Seems disappointing that its obviously known about and am left wondering why the dealers don't just sort it.
                      Further update from mine... I'm now having a full clutch replacement and slave cylinder replaced

Comment

Brilliant, glad it's worked out.

Comment

Just an update, brought it in again and Vauxhall have diagnosed the fault and replaced the slave cylinder and pipes.

They asked the garage for photos of the clutch... maybe to see if the slave cylinder has caused damage?? Unsure

But they still have the car hopefully get it back tomorrow!
                          this resolve is noted in the messages from the facebook page I posted up.

Comment

this resolve is noted in the messages from the facebook page I posted up.
                            Yeah I tried telling them all of the stuff you found but they weren't having it, I ended up having to drive the car and point out every slight problem I thought there was with the clutch, think I got up to 6-8 separate points.

The difference between the first time and the time they agreed to look at the car was... many more points introduced into my arguement and I had an open complaint with vauxhall which I provided the dealership with

Comment

Yeah I tried telling them all of the stuff you found but they weren't having it, I ended up having to drive the car and point out every slight problem I thought there was with the clutch, think I got up to 6-8 separate points.

The difference between the first time and the time they agreed to look at the car was... many more points introduced into my arguement and I had an open complaint with vauxhall which I provided the dealership with
                              I can believe that,.. I had the dreaded 2.2i direct Vectra which suffered badly from fuel pump failure, was on watchdog. When the third one went and it was in the VX dealer, I told them is was the pump and they were going to try all sort of other parts, which I was expected to pay for even if they didn't fix,... told them not to and would be at their own expense, instructed to fit a pump and problem solved.... then I traded away rather swiftly.

Comment

I hate dealers they quite happy making heaps cash when they sell you the car but then want us to pay when it goes wrong, We should not be having to battle to get things fixed when its known faults, I bet the customers in America don't get the same hassle and there cars cost less.

Comment

Working...
                                X