Learner Driver
    Car
    Insignia Grand Sport Elite Nav 2000 Turbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps. My local Vauxhall garage called me today to say Vauxhall had agreed to replace the whole clutch and flywheel under warranty. I think this proves there is a known issue. The dealership firstly told me that the clutch plate only carries an18,000 mile warranty unlike the car which had a 60,000 mile warranty.

Comment

Same Problems

Hi All ,

Im having the Same issues, However Vauxhall is saying more they think i wrecked the clutch- i have only driven 4000 miles and had my car for 4 months - and will have to pay £400 just for the inspection as it wont be under warrenty - any advice ??

Comment

Experienced the same warning on my 68 plate insignia several times yesterday on a 400 mile trip exactly as the op detailed, the car had its first service last week and the warning hadn't shown before then. Perhaps the service dept did something? Will contact the them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Comment

Joined the forum just to add to this thread

Experienced these exact symptoms today. 18 plate 1.6D. 9450 miles.

Drove up to Manchester from Bristol., excellent drive, 66 mpg at average of 55mph.

Coming home this started. Just over 2k revs in 5 or 6th. Just where you need it for easy lane change/ overtaking. Lease car so will be calling them tomorrow and hopefully kicking Vx arse. Loved my Vectra, love my Insignia but Vx do need their speaking to in a firm voice sometimes!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190206_080829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	242880

Captured it this morning in case anyone needs it.

excuse the dust, its imaginary, my car is spotless

Comment

Ok guys i know why other member have not heard of this message before including myself. This message only appears on the Insignia B

Comment

I got this when switching on tonightClick image for larger version

Name:	20190206_080830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	242887

Booked into the Steelers on next Monday.... Have I broked it? Will keep you informed.

Guessing orange is just a warning, surely red would be danger.?

Comment

Had same clutch message today. Overtaking hgv, realised I was in too high a gear, so slipped clutch to get the revs up. Lost full power for a split second, message flashed up and then all was fine.
                  Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Error for everything.

Even error to tell you wet the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jase mac View Post
                      If it helps. My local Vauxhall garage called me today to say Vauxhall had agreed to replace the whole clutch and flywheel under warranty. I think this proves there is a known issue. The dealership firstly told me that the clutch plate only carries an18,000 mile warranty unlike the car which had a 60,000 mile warranty.

HI Mac ,

Have you got a copy of your correspondence my dealer is doing the opposite and claining its wear and tear

Comment

Originally posted by JamesHupe View Post
                        HI Mac ,

Have you got a copy of your correspondence my dealer is doing the opposite and claining its wear and tear
                        That could be very popular paper work if this goes where I think it's going.

Comment

Back again!

Took it in first thing this morning. Thanks cmor for your dealers name.
                          Sods law, the orange SERVICE TRANSMISSION warning didn't come on this morning. Try as I did I couldn't get the warning to show it's ugly head.

Took it down the local by-pass and pushed it as hard as I've ever pushed it, no bloody warning!
                          Called the dealer at 13.00 to be told the techie had emailed Vx technical support and it was probably a software issue. He would call me back.

An hour later he did. They applied the update and the warning shouldn't appear again.

I KNOW THEY'VE SWITCHED THE WARNING OFF.

Dropped the clutch at 2.5K in 3rd and although slipping the clutch, no warning.

Took it straight back and asked WTF, in my business voice!, the reply was oh yes we know it's off.
                          We are awaiting a new clutch kit from Vauxhall.
                          When pushed he admitted it may be a modified clutch kit.

Guess Vauxhall may realise it's a problem, not expecting them to admit it though.
                          Hope this thread may help others, it helped me.

Comment

Garage

What garage did you use sir

QUOTE=Fatfred;299453]Back again!

Took it in first thing this morning. Thanks cmor for your dealers name.
                            Sods law, the orange SERVICE TRANSMISSION warning didn't come on this morning. Try as I did I couldn't get the warning to show it's ugly head.

Took it down the local by-pass and pushed it as hard as I've ever pushed it, no bloody warning!
                            Called the dealer at 13.00 to be told the techie had emailed Vx technical support and it was probably a software issue. He would call me back.

An hour later he did. They applied the update and the warning shouldn't appear again.

I KNOW THEY'VE SWITCHED THE WARNING OFF.

Dropped the clutch at 2.5K in 3rd and although slipping the clutch, no warning.

Took it straight back and asked WTF, in my business voice!, the reply was oh yes we know it's off.
                            We are awaiting a new clutch kit from Vauxhall.
                            When pushed he admitted it may be a modified clutch kit.

Guess Vauxhall may realise it's a problem, not expecting them to admit it though.
                            Hope this thread may help others, it helped me.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• gaundvd
                              gaundvd commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Just been reading your posts I have got the exact same problem as you’ve just said I took it back with the error message reduce performance reduce clutch use and they said they have done a software update. Only to ding I don’t get an error warning now I just get a slight spike in the Revs not massive but loss of power for about 5 seconds. Can you help with any paperwork you may of been given ?

PM sent

Comment

You need to call VX direct. They will give you a reference number. Get a photo of dash warning message and email it to them. You also need to take a screenshot of the messages on this page. They will have to take notice then. If that doesn’t work post stuff on VXs Facebook page as they hate bad press. Got my car back now all fixed under warranty. When I asked what was wrong with it the garage wouldn’t tell me.

Comment

Working...
                              X