Clutch Performance Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Performance Warning

I regularly get a warning message up on the dash related to the clutch "Reduced Clutch Performance. Reduce Clutch Use". This typically comes up when in 5th or 6th gear and accelerating. It also happens if in cruise control and speeding up using the steering wheel controls. When the error message comes up I can feel the car drag and then pick up again.

I have taken my car to a Vauxhall dealer and they claim they have never heard of the error message and don't know what it means. I did suggest that they asked the manufacturer as they actually built the car and would have programmed the error codes. However I have been told there is nothing that they can do!

There is definitely a fault and I am worried that the clutch is going to give up on me. Any ideas?

I also have a problem with 3 of the tyres on the TPMS. The pressures are OK but all state that there is a fault. Also the traffic sign camera keeps telling me it is obstructed and I have also had faults from the parking sensors and on one occasion I lost the digital display altogether!#

I have a 2018 Insignia TechNav 1.6 diesel. It has done 14K miles but the fault with the clutch started almost immediately.

Originally posted by ashbybrewer View Post
    I regularly get a warning message up on the dash related to the clutch "Reduced Clutch Performance. Reduce Clutch Use". This typically comes up when in 5th or 6th gear and accelerating. It also happens if in cruise control and speeding up using the steering wheel controls. When the error message comes up I can feel the car drag and then pick up again.

I have taken my car to a Vauxhall dealer and they claim they have never heard of the error message and don't know what it means. I did suggest that they asked the manufacturer as they actually built the car and would have programmed the error codes. However I have been told there is nothing that they can do!

There is definitely a fault and I am worried that the clutch is going to give up on me. Any ideas?

I also have a problem with 3 of the tyres on the TPMS. The pressures are OK but all state that there is a fault. Also the traffic sign camera keeps telling me it is obstructed and I have also had faults from the parking sensors and on one occasion I lost the digital display altogether!#

I have a 2018 Insignia TechNav 1.6 diesel. It has done 14K miles but the fault with the clutch started almost immediately.
    Been a member of insignia forum since 2013,,,the clutch message is the first time ive heard it mentioned
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As Dave has said, never heard of this with the clutch and I've been with the forum from the start. My advice would be next time the message pops up take a pic straight away b4 it’s disappeared. Otherwise they think it all in your head. Then show it to the dealer. If a message pops up like that I would have thought it likely that an error code would be logged. Did Vauxhall scan the car for for errors? The car is under warranty so let the dealer sort out the faults with the TPMS, Traffic camera and parking sensors. Did you buy this from a Vauxhall dealer? It hasn't been in an accident has it?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Same engine i think

Is it doing this?

Comment

Reduced Clutch Performance

Hired a Vauxhall Insignia today and first trip on motorway and totally agree with below post. Reduced Clutch Perfomance. Reduced Clutch Use happened about 4 times. It is happening when you accelerate hard in higher gears 5th and especially 6th sonappears to be some clever software that is looking at torque! I have had this same story with Vauxhall for many of my company cars where faults happen but don’t log and they look at you like you are mad.

So to reiterate, absolutely word for word as the guy below says on an 18 plate Enterprise rental turbo diesel insignia.

[QUOTE=ashbybrewer;296684]I regularly get a warning message up on the dash related to the clutch "Reduced Clutch Performance. Reduce Clutch Use". This typically comes up when in 5th or 6th gear and accelerating. It also happens if in cruise control and speeding up using the steering wheel controls. When the error message comes up I can feel the car drag and then pick up again.

Comment

The description of the clutch issue is identical to my problems with a hire 18 plate insignia, word for word and warning I have experienced this today and was searching for the fault online when I found this thread. Driven Vauxhall’s for 29 plus years and find the more advanced they get the less the dealerships believe an ever increase list of software messages they don’t believe. I feel for the guy, I can take mine back but what an annoying fault or feature.

Comment

Correction 20 years plus

Comment

Originally posted by ashbybrewer View Post

Had this problem with mine, the dealer re-programmed the clutch position sensor and it's been fine since.

Comment

thats handy to know for the future, hopefully wont get this error with an autobox
                  Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                  questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

I have the above fault and have several photos of the warning message.

Comment

So from all the replies and from me testing it by slipping the clutch at speed it appears to be a clutch position sensor in that it detects excessive clutch slipping. Do t know what type of sensor it is but recalibrate seems to be the option. If you cannot get the fault to appear to photo it slip the clutch on a straight open road and it will appear.

Comment

It must be a fairly well known problem now, the dealer I went to had it done in half a day.

Comment

The same happened to mine last night on the motorway 18 plate 170 diesel .

Comment

Grumpano, Clutch sensor needs adjusting

Comment

If it helps. My local Vauxhall garage called me today to say Vauxhall had agreed to replace the whole clutch and flywheel under warranty. I think this proves there is a known issue. The dealership firstly told me that the clutch plate only carries an18,000 mile warranty unlike the car which had a 60,000 mile warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X