No announcement yet.

Clutch Performance Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had the same problem on a 2018 sports tourer just in the 3 year warranty.

Car was on about the same amount of millage aswell.

Took it to the local dealer to have a look at, was told that its not under warranty as the clutch only has a 18k warranty.

They advised I spoke to vx customer service given that it was only just over the millage limt and see if they could help.

Long story short, local dealer was quoting £1000 to drop the gearbox and £1000to replace clutch and flywheel.

With the help of vx customer services it was done foc under vx warranty.

What I will say is that the guy I was dealing with at vx customer services said that alot of the outcome for these situations depends on brand loyalty.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi. I have the exact same problem with my car. (2017 1.6 diesel 138hp. It only happens once maybe every 2 to 3 weeks. I bought my car from Ron Skinner and took out an extended warranty on the car. I have just got off the phone with the mechanic at Ron Skinner and once I had explained the problem and mentioned this forum to him he said this is a common fault with Insignia B's and he would order a new clutch and a few other bits and pieces. I asked if there would be any charge and he said "No, it's all covered by the warranty".
      To be honest I have recieved nothing but great service from Ron Skinner.

Comment

• Very interesting and a fairly common problem by the sound of things, what are the chances that the Thinkdiag would clear or re calibrate this?

Anyone tried yet or with any OBD?

Thanks.

Comment

• Mines was actually slipping so in my case zero changes it solved anything. It seems they had also updated some software update as one of the modules had a newer software date than the others.

Comment

• So excuse me acting a bit thick but what is the answer if you know your clutch is OK?

Comment

Working...
            X