Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch problems

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
    And what is it about your driving style that is different from anybody elses, have they told you?
    Does it happen if someone else drives the car.
    At that mileage and age I would be pressuring the dealer to investigate the fault and don't take the car back until the fault has been identified and fixed. If it was me I would be very very calm but very very firm with the dealer. Have you got pictures of the message on the dash to show the dealer?
    Maybe it's because I rally the about the streets like a boy racer or they must be watching me . They have not said anything about my driving style other than it's me that can't drive. I work for a hire drive company and I drive a recovery wagon and have never burnt a clutch out in my life. I have had plenty vx cars from astral gsi vectra vxrs and now this is my fourth insignia and only this 1 got the problem. Have just been told manager from vx will call me tomorrow before 11 wee will see .i have pictures off the fault and no one drives my car but me.they have gearbox out and pics sent to vx customer care services

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGE View Post
      anyone got an answer for vx to have this fixed under warranty car has only dun 10500 and a year and half old
      It’s under warranty so Vauxhall should be footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
        It’s under warranty so Vauxhall should be footing the bill.
        They are always saying it's my driving style and was waiting on a manager from vx to phone me still waiting been told tomorrow before 11 prob still be waiting

Comment

Hi , update I used the info of this page and sent it to the Vauxhall Facebook page via messenger , Vauxhall then loaded with the dealer and on Tuesday next week the car will have a new clutch and sleeve cylinder fitted , if I get any paperwork I will post it on here

Comment

• gaundvd
            gaundvd commented
            Editing a comment
            (reduce performance reduce clutch use)

hi there I'm having the same issue only had the car a month don't want to be fobbed off by Vauxhall
            how was the fix and how did you resolve

Originally posted by arae980 View Post
          Hi , update I used the info of this page and sent it to the Vauxhall Facebook page via messenger , Vauxhall then loaded with the dealer and on Tuesday next week the car will have a new clutch and sleeve cylinder fitted , if I get any paperwork I will post it on here
          Nice to see the forum works.

Comment

Result
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

My dealer told me that if my car had done under 18000 miles it would have been fixed under warranty.

Comment

Hopefully this thread is still going. I’ve owned my Insignia 18 plate since Feb this year and have been experiencing this problem. Took it to my dealer who’s quoted me £940 for them to strip the gear box to see what the problem is. I’ve pointed out the warranty and they’ve stated they have to quote in case I’ve been resting my foot on the clutch. Safe to assume I’m a little disgruntled at this suggestion.
                They’ve also pointed out that they’ll need the car for an extended period, possibly a month. I raised this forum and the lady stated it’s Astras that had the problem. Clearly I’m a little stressed at the suggestion I may have to cough up £940!!!!!!!!!!!!
                The symptoms the car is displaying is exactly the same as pointed out in the original post. I can be cruising along the motorway in 6th, add a little hard acceleration to overtake someone and the power will drop off with the same warning message everyone else has experienced. After a couple of seconds the power kicks in again. Happens in 3rd, 4th and 5th too but under hard acceleration which I rarely do as I’m usually just up and down the M6.
                Do we know exactly what the problem is??

Comment

Hello Jase, see post number 49 . It seems from what I've read , a new / possibly modified clutch kit is required.
                  On that said post he uploaded all the info on this thread to Vauxhalls Facebook page and it went from there .
                  But by the replies on this thread you are not the only one .
                  Keep us updated on what happeneds .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Emailed VX customer care, they have replied with a generic email basically sticking with what the dealers said. The gear box will need to be stripped and I will need to accept a potential charge of £940 just for them to diagnose the problem.
                    Seems silly considering the symptoms match all that are highlighted here.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190707_184743.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	243326
                      Got the message up as well. Will be going back to the dealer tomorrow. 18 plate, sitting at 17k miles. Just got the car a week ago. Getting worse every day.

Comment

Grdeehan,
                        How did you get on at the dealers?
                        Mines due to go back this coming Wednesday although I've just driven to the south coast from the midlands and back with issue only happening a few times, one being when getting out the way for a police car. Will let you know how I get on, as recommended by other members I've copied this entire thread to present to the dealer as well as some other evidence I found online from a review.

Comment

I’ve a brand new 19 plate insignia with only 6k on the clock. The reduced performance Reduce Clutch Use message appeared when in 6th. Read this thread and booked it into the dealer knowing that a software update would likely not fix the problem. Anyway, dealer duly did the software update on VX advice and no surprise to say that it didn’t work. Symptoms slightly different however as There was no longer a warning message, instead in 6th gear under acceleration the revs dropped for a second then started to increase and the car tells me to change into 6th despite it already being in 6th. Took it back to dealer, they couldn’t replicate the fault when testing but reset various things (forget exactly what they did) but alas the same fault appeared as soon as I took it onto the motorway. Got it booked back in for a couple of days so that they can hopefully get to the bottom of this frustrating issue.

Comment

My car went in last week, printed off all this forum thread and presented it to the dealer. Tbf the gent I spoke to when I dropped the car off was confident the repair would be covered under warranty. Despite being booked in for a month less than a week later I had a call to say it was ready, new clutch, flywheel and joints changed under warranty. I’ve taken the car for a couple of runs up the motorway and it’s been fine thus far. Anyone who’s having trouble print this forum off and present it, there’s also an honest John review of the car which mentions the problem available online.

Comment

I have had this issue, diagnostic done and found to be a faulty pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X