Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RHS DIP or HEADLIGHT

Hi All,
    I have been having problems with my Xenon on a 2010 Elite.
    The left hand side dipped beam and high beam are working fine, the auto leveling is working fine too BUT, the right hand side Dip is blowing the fuse in the engine compartment every time I put one in.
    I have changed the bulbs, (changed the known good one from the left side to the right and back again) I have installed new bulbs, both of the the original spec for the car. Still no good.
    I have been reading posts on here about the light control unit (Ballast). Is there a way to test these units if I take it out before I spend a lot of money on a new one ??.

I have seen them on ebay (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HELLA-Xenon-Scheinwerfer-Steuergerat-5DV-009-720-00-Xenius-Opel-Astra-Insignia/153042313903?hash=item23a20862af:g:F54AAOSwu6dboh6 w:rk:1f:0

It has the same GM-Part-Number as the original as per https://www.catcar.info/
    So should be ok.

Is it a big job to replace these ?, Can't seem to find the thread that outlines how to drop the bumper and If the headlamp unit has to come out.

Any help appreciated

I think you are on the right track, IV read a thread here somewhere similar to what you described.

Sure someone will be along with words if wisdom soon.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

any water ingress on the affected light ? there is a circuit board very low down inside these lights ,and it doesn't take a lot of water to short out this board,,speaking from experience ,from my old Insig
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I don't think there is any water in the lights, I will have a better look from below when I get the bumper off.
        There is some condensation inside but that's just because of the weather and no heat from the light in a few weeks.
        Anyone know if the control unit can be tested ?

Comment

Have been away for a couple of weeks and didn't get back to this. Have ordered the Light control unit from ebay (germany) €118 which I thought good value for a Hella product. I'm getting a mechanic friend to put it in while I'm away for another 2 weeks (In a bloody lorry) so he can deal with the frustration of getting off the bumper !!. I'll let you know if it solves the problem.

Comment

So after getting my new light control unit fitted by a professional and bulbs changed so both were the same colour my lights all worked great for 2 months !.
            Now the dipped and head light beams are gone again and the daytime LEDs on the same side are gone too.
            Head lamp is full of condensation, I had the fella who put in the control unit check for any cracks or points of water egress but he didn't find any.
            Have to take it all apart again and see if the control unit is blown again.
            If it is I think I'll just set fire to the lot and buy a decent car.
            Nothing but bother with this since I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by webcrafty View Post
              So after getting my new light control unit fitted by a professional and bulbs changed so both were the same colour my lights all worked great for 2 months !.
              Now the dipped and head light beams are gone again and the daytime LEDs on the same side are gone too.
              Head lamp is full of condensation, I had the fella who put in the control unit check for any cracks or points of water egress but he didn't find any.
              Have to take it all apart again and see if the control unit is blown again.
              If it is I think I'll just set fire to the lot and buy a decent car.
              Nothing but bother with this since I bought it.
              Had the same problem with mine , where abouts are you. I'm in slough Berkshire. I'd say it's to do with the water getting in the lights. A common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
                Had the same problem with mine , where abouts are you. I'm in slough Berkshire. I'd say it's to do with the water getting in the lights. A common problem.
                hello Khalid,,looked for you at PVS, did you not go ?
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  hello Khalid,,looked for you at PVS, did you not go ?
                  No I didn't get there this year, but will be at vboa next month for the weekend. Have you swapped lights over to see if it works on the other side. You only need to drop the bumper down enough to get to the nuts for the lights , 5 mins max

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
                    No I didn't get there this year, but will be at vboa next month for the weekend. Have you swapped lights over to see if it works on the other side. You only need to drop the bumper down enough to get to the nuts for the lights , 5 mins max
                    What's involved in dropping the bumper down, I'd like to have a go at it myself. Might save on the labour and diagnosis it in my own time. I'd also get the parts needed without the garage markup.

Comment

Originally posted by webcrafty View Post
                      What's involved in dropping the bumper down, I'd like to have a go at it myself. Might save on the labour and diagnosis it in my own time. I'd also get the parts needed without the garage markup.
                      Screws at each wheel arch screws along the top and bumper should be able to drop the bumper down enough to get to the nuts for the lights.

Comment

Working...
                      X