No announcement yet.

Anyone with keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t work for me mate. At work driving bus we have fobs that track our driving and operate on a traffic light system for example. Steady grandad driving you get solid green take a corner too fast you get an Amber flash. Speeding Amber flash. Take a corner on 2 wheels red flash. Haha but they work on a fob you carry in your bag. I bought one of these to block the rf signal and it still picks the thing up [emoji58]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

On my insignia I can stand at the rear of the vehicle behind the hatch abd a passenger would not be able to unlock the passenger door. I have to walk round to the rear doors before it will allow unlock
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        On my insignia I can stand at the rear of the vehicle behind the hatch abd a passenger would not be able to unlock the passenger door. I have to walk round to the rear doors before it will allow unlock
        That's not what you have to worry about, it's thieves using signal boosters, as long as the one with the receiving end is standing at your car door they can open it, the guy standing at your letterbox will pick up your key signal from a considerable distance.

To be honest I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
          To be honest I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages
          I'd agree with that, there is also other disadvantages like when you jump out (to walk dog)with key in pocket and the mrs jumps in drivers seat then drive off ignoring the warning, when she stops, it wont start again.

Comment

I think there's some confusion on how keyless entry works. As long as the key is away from the perimeter of the building the thief with the signal booter won't be able to pick up the signal from the keyfob. The signal the keyfob emits only has a short range. That's why you need to be stood directly outside the car door before it will open. It isn't the same signal or signal strength as the remote lock/unlock function on the same keyfob.

An example is,

Scumbag A stands near the car door with the gadget which receives the relayed signal from Scumbag B who has the gadget which looks for the signal from the keyfob and then boosts it. Scumbag B wiil first try near the front door because just inside is a well known dumping ground for house keys and car keys. If Scumbag B fails to find a signal there he will walk around the perimeter of the house hoping to find the signal from another location where the keyfob might be kept near to the edge of the property. He may even try holding his gadget above his head in the hope that even if kept upstairs, the keyfob might be left near the outer wall.

Most of these attempted thefts are unsuccessful due to the keys being kept away from the perimeter of the buildings even when not kept in signal blocking boxes or pouches. Advice is to keep all keys upstairs anyway but ideally keyless entry keyfobs need to be upstairs as far from the the outer edge of the building and inside a signal blocking container.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thinks leave Rottweiler asleep on back seat that might give the scumbags a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                Thinks leave Rottweiler asleep on back seat that might give the scumbags a shock.
                That or I think wiring the door handles up to the national grid would soon become a deterrent once a few frazzled would be car thieves turn up.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                X