what size spare wheel fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size spare wheel fits?

hi guys, ive had a trawl trough the treads and i cant find an answer so i thought id ask.
    ive got a 15 plate sports tourer elite with the 18" wheels and it came with the inflator kit and bits and bobs- no spare wheel.
    Im taking it on holiday in the summer and i think a space saver would be smart, but what size will fit in the recess and fit the car?

cheers guys James

don't know if theyre the same,but in the hatch,you can fit a 20 in . you need the boot floor risers fitted,but like I said unsure about the ST
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

thanks exclusiv. im thinking of going for the space saver so i dont have to get the floor riser bits

Comment

Originally posted by Noddy1985 View Post
        thanks exclusiv. im thinking of going for the space saver so i dont have to get the floor riser bits
        if you have to travel any long distances on a space saver ,youll wish youd bought a full size,,,speaking from experience theyre bloody terrible,,id be looking on ebay for a one to match your 18s,or even a 17 inch steel insignia wheel
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

im running 20's on my car

but ive gotta 17" structure wheel in the boot with a brand new Dunlop non directional tyre - picked it up for £30 in a local scrappies.

far better than the spacesaver

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            im running 20's on my car

but ive gotta 17" structure wheel in the boot with a brand new Dunlop non directional tyre - picked it up for £30 in a local scrappies.

far better than the spacesaver
            RBH does that fit in the boot without the riser kit? if so that does sound the best bet (ps ignore my ignorance here but is a '17" structure wheel' - is that a normal steel wheel?)

Comment

Hope these pictures help its full size factory fit in late 2015 estate. Size is 215/60/16
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	242801Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	242802Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	242803Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	242804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	242805Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	242806

Comment

Originally posted by Noddy1985 View Post
                RBH does that fit in the boot without the riser kit? if so that does sound the best bet (ps ignore my ignorance here but is a '17" structure wheel' - is that a normal steel wheel?)
                Unfortunately not.
                All the standard wheels sit higher in the boot.
                I've got the riser kit in mine.

A structure wheel, is the ones that's fitted on the base model.
                They have a wheel trim over them.

Comment

Also might be worth contacting breakers in Northern Ireland as that's where mine was first Reg and it could be standard speck over there also under it is all tools such as jack, Wheel brace ect on foam insert. you can just see it throu holes in wheel.
                  see post 2 above with photos

Comment

oh ok RBH thanks for that. ilunn cheers for that also

Comment

17" Continental. Space saver wheel from Amazon
                      Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

I have a 17inch steel wheel in place of the inflation kit in my ST floor fits as normal in back.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

hi...i have a 14 plate facelift st and i have a full size 18'' spare..the main floor fits level but you lose the lower floor..my insignia is going in the next week or so and i'm not sure wheathe to let it go with the full size or the spacesaver.

Comment

Working...
                          X