Intermittent dash messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent dash messages

Took my 2010 2.0 cdti see navy for its 1st long drive to the coast. After about 2 hr on the rd the dash flashed up a msg asking me to open and close each of the windows then went away after I did it. Then half n hr later same again. I did have the climate control on auto the entire journey. Cud it be something to do with that?
    Also, around the same time I got a warning light saying to service the parking assist and that they trye sensor locations were unknown, that went away as well after a few seconds.
    Related or separate issues?

Check battery connections before anything else.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

They are both secure. Interestingly the onboard settings show the battery at 12.4v going to 14.4 v but after about 10mins driving. But my multimeter shows 12.4v engine off and soon as it's running I'm at 14.45v

Comment

Different error messages like that usually point toward the battery.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'll pull battery and give it a gd charge.. and maybe look into replacement, it does look like the original tbh

Comment

Also check alternator , cos I remember that with my old car ( Saab 9-3) I use to get messages and also because it had an electric power sterring pump that use to go . In the end when it packed up I had a dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree .
            Coukd be the alternator clutch pulley which is a known plobem . If it is get a Bosch replacement.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

My Astra J started doing weird things like all the lights coming on whilst driving service this service that and after some investigation it was indeed the battery failing new one in all was fine again.

Comment

Working...
              X