• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problem?

Hi all,

got vauxhall insignia 2.0 cdti 16v sri 5dr 09 plate

and the problem is probably with clutch cause im not able to get in gear
    booked in free clutch check in halford autocenter month ago and they told its clutch kit problem costs like 90 pounds,
    when i got money and called them they told where did you got it that it costs 90 pounds..... it costs 300 pounds etc.....
    not before xmas i went to them again and they where checking prices and gave me quote for 1200 pounds but still i dont understand for what?

cause what i got.... while car temperature is below 90 degrees its hard to hit in gear and even move car but when its arround 90 degrees its little bit easier, i was thinking its brake fluid low but still its on max since i got hydrolyc clutch but now i think that i got low fluid level in transmission, and i think to add fluid cause that could help or better i should show car at some garage so they could check?

Hello Wick, when you get it into gear (eventually) and you put foot on throttle and lift foot off cluch pedal do you notice the revs rising and the car not moving ? . If so that's a sure sign the cluch is slipping .
    Have you tried pumping the cluch pedal a few times to see if it makes it easier to select gear ?
    If that's the case then the slave cylinder gone wobbly . ( which I think is inside the gearbox bell housing )
    In both cases it's gearbox removal so the quote that halfords gave you is for replacement cluch kit plus DMF (dual mass flywheel ) slave cylinder ) plus labour . That's steep but you woukd be better taking it elsewhere get an assessment, and price .
    Or ,( if it is the cluch ) buying the parts yourself , and as long as the garage don't mind getting them to fit it .the only problem I've come across with the f40 gearbox, is difficult to select 1st 2nd 3rd and gear leaver not returning to neutral, but that was on a different make with same gearbox and that was gear box turret , on those gearbox they have 3 plugs , top middle , bottom
    Top for filling , middle for level check , bottom for draining . Always make sure you can get the top one out before attempting the others .
    Anyway I'm waffling , get an assessment on the cluch condition and take it from there .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Hello Wick, when you get it into gear (eventually) and you put foot on throttle and lift foot off cluch pedal do you notice the revs rising and the car not moving ? . If so that's a sure sign the cluch is slipping .
      Have you tried pumping the cluch pedal a few times to see if it makes it easier to select gear ?
      If that's the case then the slave cylinder gone wobbly . ( which I think is inside the gearbox bell housing )
      In both cases it's gearbox removal so the quote that halfords gave you is for replacement cluch kit plus DMF (dual mass flywheel ) slave cylinder ) plus labour . That's steep but you woukd be better taking it elsewhere get an assessment, and price .
      Or ,( if it is the cluch ) buying the parts yourself , and as long as the garage don't mind getting them to fit it .the only problem I've come across with the f40 gearbox, is difficult to select 1st 2nd 3rd and gear leaver not returning to neutral, but that was on a different make with same gearbox and that was gear box turret , on those gearbox they have 3 plugs , top middle , bottom
      Top for filling , middle for level check , bottom for draining . Always make sure you can get the top one out before attempting the others .
      Anyway I'm waffling , get an assessment on the cluch condition and take it from there .

but how it could be that is car is not even started and i can get in gears without problem with our without using clutch and yes i got same problem with f40 gearbox its difficult to select first three gear levels

Comment

Originally posted by Wick View Post
        but how it could be that is car is not even started and i can get in gears without problem with our without using clutch
        That's a sign that the clutch is dragging - i.e. not fully disengaging. It could be a hydraulic problem, hence lizzard asking if pumping the clutch made any difference.

It could also be a fault within the clutch pressure plate, which would probably mean a full clutch replacement. Whether you replace the expensive DMF at the same time depends on its condition once it all comes apart, and how long you intend keeping the car.

I would say that the first step is the bleed the clutch to make sure there is no air in the hydraulics.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky Paul View Post
          That's a sign that the clutch is dragging - i.e. not fully disengaging. It could be a hydraulic problem, hence lizzard asking if pumping the clutch made any difference.

It could also be a fault within the clutch pressure plate, which would probably mean a full clutch replacement. Whether you replace the expensive DMF at the same time depends on its condition once it all comes apart, and how long you intend keeping the car.

I would say that the first step is the bleed the clutch to make sure there is no air in the hydraulics.
          i was pumping clutch, there is no air in brake fluid reservoir, so better as i understand i should change everything and after that i would not have such issue

same time when car temperature is 90 degree i can change easier gears how come?

Comment

As you said in your original Post it's hard to get in gear below 90 let alone move the car but at 90 it's a little bit easier . because the friction material has warmed up . But if it's hard to move the car ( ie you acclerate in gear but car dose not move and revs increase) then that's clutch slippage .
            As with the F40 gear selector problem that's there all the time and it's a different make and model but same gearbox .where abouts are you in the UK maybe someone can suggest a garage they use .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

im in DA9 ( Dartford, Greenhithe)
              i was thinking about WJ King Vauxhall garage

Comment

Yes try them get it diagnosed . and a price . but shop around for quotes

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

anyway i will give you guys update what will happen and how much it costed for me

Comment

Matthew clutch problem

Hi all, I would like to find out advise please, I have a 13 plate 2 l cdti insignia clutch problem, my car drive perfect with no slipping in 1, 2, 3,4 but asoon as I'm in 5 or 6 and I press the accelerator the revs seem to jump up and the clutch slips

What could the cause be?

Thank you in advance

Comment

Sounds like clutch slippage.so replacement clutch kit slave cylinder.and DMF .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        Sounds like clutch slippage.so replacement clutch kit slave cylinder.and DMF .
                        Thank you very much, I bet that is costly for all that

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                          Hi all, I would like to find out advise please, I have a 13 plate 2 l cdti insignia clutch problem, my car drive perfect with no slipping in 1, 2, 3,4 but asoon as I'm in 5 or 6 and I press the accelerator the revs seem to jump up and the clutch slips

What could the cause be?

Thank you in advance
                          maybe better if you start your own thread with the issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X