Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Insignia intermittent Power Steering Noise

Morning guys,

I've just picked up a 17 plate estate on Sunday and so far am pretty impressed with it. Driving back from the dealer was fine, no issues but when I took it out on the afternoon I noticed a little bit of whine coming from the steering wheel which happens intermittently and at varying speeds.

The video I managed to get is pretty short, had to be done in Asda carpark this morning and the noise is quite near the start of what it typically sounds like. Again it is very intermittent, the video is from starting off doing a few mph. I've had it happen when on round about's between 20/30mph though it does seem specific to right turns and happens at different degree's of turn from hardly any as above, to full lock.

I have the adaptive modes and it's present within tour/sport and normal also along with when lane assist is disabled. This was just to see if any of you guys have experienced this as I've been unable to find anything similar under the new models, there are quite a few power steering related things from the previous version however.

Brian

Another example from last night as I was going to move the car off the drive, the noise does sound very similar to the previous model?

Comment

Did you get to the bottom of the steering problem? I have a similar event issue

Comment

Believe it or not this is still ongoing with the dealer.... They've tried a few things so far without success which I won't bore you with as it's been nothing short of guess work.

A new bearing that sits somewhere inside the "UJ boot" has been ordered, the technician has apparently moved the existing one when the racks been stripped and the noise goes, I don't know how true this is because the noise is pretty intermittent but they've said the noise was there, and then wasn't when they moved this bearing out of the way.

This was last Monday, the parts for this car seem to take an age to arrive also, I'll update this again should this resolve it but I'll be insisting they speak to Vauxhall direct next should this fix fail as we're on month 3 now and no further forward.

Comment

Just a quick update, the issue has now been resolved. The dealer has replaced the UJ Boot and bearing, it''s the bearing though that is the key part in this fix. The dealer who completed the work was Evans Halshaw Vauxhall in Shiremoor (Newcastle) - I'd suggest if you're getting repairs done through a dealer to have them speak to these guys for the exact part numbers etc that were used.

Comment

Working...
          X