No announcement yet.

Looking to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click on good and bad, https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbyca...insignia-2008/

Comment

I think you can have good and bad in all cars

Comment

Had my insignia five years not one problem and 60,000 miles, Petrol 1.6t face-lift.

Comment

There are plenty of good example low mileage Insignias out there, don't be hasty. Took me 3 months to nail down mine, and annoyingly the one i had my eye on was same price with 28k miles as opposed to the 33k one i got in the end.

Maybe do what i did, or similar....i made a long list of good points that i wanted in a car, narrowed search down to Insignia and yes an i40 sports tourer. Had to go to Elite spec on Insignia to match a slightly newer i40. I then made two long lists with all good points and bad points for each car, doing research on the internet about everything like engines, power, MPG, resale, insurance, etc etc.

In the end the i40 did just out spec the Insignia, but that was before i tried the AFL.

Then the search for the right priced Elite started. Trouble is cheaper low mileage SRi's kept popping up, VX line etc etc . I held out as Elites can be hard to find.
          Found one, looked at it, thought about it, left it a month, still there, rang for test drive, there and then it got sold over the phone to someone else who hadn't even drove it .
          Luckily for me MotorDepot had another, same year, same spec, same colour , just more mileage. Talked them into bringing it over from another Depot, by time i got to test drive it, they had repriced all stock and it was now £500 cheaper. And the rest is history .

Long story, but what im trying to say is, plenty out there, don't settle for nearly right, get what you really want and can afford, you will enjoy it all so much.

And yes, good and bad cars, never know whats around the corner. But same goes for a brand new motor, pays ya money takes ya chance. But do ya homework first and can lose some of the potential worry.

Iv spotted about 7 Sports Tourers online for that sort of money, most with less mileage. Good luck.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

If you wanted a hatchback there is so much more low mileage choice and with better spec.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Comment

I looked for a long time before I found the right car--I was undecided about changing from my Vectra to the Insignia for a long time and just kept putting it off,and a lot of members on here started with Vectra's and have progressed up to the Insignia---don't go for the first one you see-have a good luck around and try and get what you want-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                  I looked for a long time before I found the right car--I was undecided about changing from my Vectra to the Insignia for a long time and just kept putting it off,and a lot of members on here started with Vectra's and have progressed up to the Insignia---don't go for the first one you see-have a good luck around and try and get what you want-----Dave

well...……..as you know Dave, I had my Vectra XP for 7 years and loved it...……….it had every extra on it except for the travel assistant - which I think is hideous....……..a 2008 model and sold it with 74k on the clock.

I bought my insignia on impulse and it was the first one I saw...……….and do not regret it one bit

Comment

Hello Rab,totally agree with you---my Vectra was immaculate inside and out just like yours but the Insignia has put a smile on my face and according to the gaffer[her indoors] that takes some doing.Best thing I have done to be honest-----Dave

Comment

Had a 64 plate 176 CDTi, within 6 months of owning it I had major engine management faults which kept flagging up all electrical faults including radio, Ariel, wipers, over boost, various sensors and so on.
                      Faulty tensioner for timing belt and a stuck on rear park brake! Car only did 24000 miles. Got shot losing 4K and bought a VW CC 2.0d, car is a dream.

My advice, leave the Vauxhall’s alone, but then I may have just been unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by grant.jarvis View Post
                        Had a 64 plate 176 CDTi, within 6 months of owning it I had major engine management faults which kept flagging up all electrical faults including radio, Ariel, wipers, over boost, various sensors and so on.
                        Faulty tensioner for timing belt and a stuck on rear park brake! Car only did 24000 miles. Got shot losing 4K and bought a VW CC 2.0d, car is a dream.

My advice, leave the Vauxhall’s alone, but then I may have just been unlucky.
                        Why are you on here then . Too polite for trolling
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                          Why are you on here then . Too polite for trolling
                          Why not? I still like to answer any question of problems that I may have had an share with others. If I can save someone a few quid then happy days.
                          I also still have some parts that I will be selling shortly.

Grant

Comment

Why not? I still like to answer any question of problems that I may have had an share with others.
                            Grant
                            you gave a helluva lot advice considering your first post was only half an hour ago

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              you gave a helluva lot advice considering your first post was only half an hour ago
                              And, what’s the problem with that. Advice is advice right.

Comment

And, what’s the problem with that. Advice is advice right.
                                well………..considering you've never posted anything on the forum until this post, it cant really constitute as being advice.

tbh mate, I don't really care if members join up and post nothing, that's up to the individual...……..but at least post up a hello or something

you can only get out what you put in

Comment

Working...
                                X