In time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In time.

As I said in another thread, I changed my cam belt on Tuesday/Wednesday, not without incident (bleed screw, lost then found). I followed Vauxhalls recommendation (100,000 miles or five years whichever comes first) and changed the belt at just under five and half years and 53,000 on the clock.
    Now had a chance to have a good look at the old belt etc. The belt, tensioner and follower all as good as the day they were fitted, but the water pump was just showing signs of a leak, pink crystal like gunge just back of the pulley. haven't noticed a drop in the expansion tank lately so the leak was new, how long before I'd noticed the leak, is anybodies guess, although I don't think it would have failed before I noticed, and started to look for it. All's well now. I hope.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Normally when it’s time for a belt you hear the water pump slightly chafing on cold mornings as factory are plastic and warp. Mine used to do my head in aftermarket are metal and much better quality

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Good job done,did mine within a week of buying the car for piece of mind.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I can vouch for the noise, it's like a squeak or a something, my belt snapped , original belt lasted 153thousand, anyway new belt and water pump and no more noisey squeak

Comment

Did it not smash your engine to a million pieces when it snapped ? [emoji3166]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post

How much damage did it do.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              How much damage did it do.
              If I'm not mistaken it mainly only smashes the rockers and if you're unlucky a few bent valves. Not ideal but also not the most expensive to repair and put back on road

Comment

Working...
              X