DPF removed and professionally cleaned but damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF removed and professionally cleaned but damaged

Had my DPF professionally cleaned, took off, soaked in chemical as rewuired, but when they hooked it up to cleaning cabinet and blasted it through, bits of the inner core came out ? Refitted it, passed emissions test with very low readings, but now keeps regenning and smoking it's head off.

Sounds like you need a new dpf cause it’s not working as it should by the sounds of it

Comment

Is there any warranty given by the cleaning company?

Comment

How much was the dpf cleaning out of interest?

Comment

£160 +VAT .... Done in a professional cleaning cabinet under pressure after being soaked overnight in cleaning acids, MOT 'd after refitting and passed emissions well within permitted levels, unfortunately the DPF broke up a little during the process of cleaning, but they are readily available from approx £200.00 online second hand, or £400 / £600 approx for New "aftermarket" on Ebay. But thouroughly recommended the taking off and high pressure cabinet cleaning, personally i don't believe in cheaper "miracle in a canister" products, but each to their own.

Comment

How do you know that the chemical cleaning didn't knacker the DPF. How does a professional cleaning cabinet differ from a cleaning cabinet thead
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I don't, but they clean many DPF's and never usually have a problem, mine was a 4 year old car done 100,000 miles, i looked inside the DPF when removed and it was thick with crud and soot, really blocked .... bear in mind it still passed the MOT emissions even after ceramic damage, in fact readings were what you would expect of a new DPF, however it is still suffering regen failures which is why i had it cleaned in first place.... could be my DPF .... Injectors overfuelling .... Turbo seal back pressure .....or even a corrupt ECU ..... the whole DPF thing is a nightmare on high mileage diesels, but especially this engine for some reason.

Comment

A professional cleaning cabinet is I'm assuming "fit for purpose and made for such operations" including Cars, Vans, etc: ...... it certainly looks the part and has holes for arms with integral rubber gloves ( much like a fume cabinet ) and is connected to high pressure hot and cold water lines ........ integral draining bath and oil disposal ....professional enough for you ?

Comment

Working...
                X