Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS valve stem snapped

Hi all.

Went to put air into my tire this morning.

Attempted to unscrew the valve covers in which I managed to get 3 / 4 off. Decided to leave the air filling and went to work.

At home I tried to remove it with some plyers.

On twisting the stem snapped.

How easy is it to fix this? Can I purchase just the stem Or am I going to have to fit a full sensor?

Thank you

Something like this I suppose

Comment

You can replace the stem only, I had the same problem a few months ago when I tried to remove chrome dust caps. The sensor and stem do come apart and it cost a fraction of the price for the stem, I can’t find the link I used but it’s the same as what Plym Ian posted

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
        Ordered the exact one. Hopefully it's the correct fit. At the moment I've just stuck some adesive waterproof tape over what remains. It's not hissing out air so let's see ha.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Common fault with TPMS, but I wish people would stop fitting metal valve caps....we get at least 1 car every week that the owner can't get the caps off to check pressures. It's a real pain in the rrr's
          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
            Common fault with TPMS, but I wish people would stop fitting metal valve caps....we get at least 1 car every week that the owner can't get the caps off to check pressures. It's a real pain in the rrr's
            Lesson learned me thinks. Going to get some plastic ones tomorrow to replace them.

Comment

Just a update on the above. Due to my M.O.T I took it to a garage prior to the part arriving. They said that this was a none replacible sensor and that I would have to pay for a new one. I didn't believe him for a second so just had a standard one fitted to cover it (this was prior to me understanding that it's a complete MOT failure). The new valve stem came this morning and I swapped it over there and then. Took it back to the garage which didn't have much to say...

Comment

Working...
              X