Couple of questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions?

Just getting used to the ownership of a 2016 1.6 CDti Insignia, had it long enough to find that the trip computer is quite optimistic as it records fuel consumption. I have filled up each time and recorded the mileage which shows an indicated 56 mpg but in reality it is just a fraction over 50 mpg, so that is in the region of 12% out. The question arises, can the fuel figure be re-calibrated using tech 2?
    Prior to this car we had a Peugeot which over a two and a half year period, the trip computer was never more than 1% out on fuel use, so it can be done!

One other question, the car is still under warranty so will be going in for investigation on stop/start not working, have been through these pages looking for a remedy, parameters for operation, battery voltage etc, fault codes, but nothing obvious, just wondered if anyone had a similar problem. Is there a way of switching stop/ start to default off apart from the switch itself?

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

No way to disable without getting really technical, .
    Main reason start /stop don't work is always battery related.
    Mine stopped last week, 80mile motorway trip and its working again even with aircon and electric seats on etc.

Trip computers never that good in my opinion, but to be fair mine is within 0.5mpg over the last 4k or so.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
    X