Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

So I bought a 140 Insignia only has 6700 miles on and I’m getting really low mpg any idea why I do mix of motor and town driving and don’t thrash it

Still pretty much running the engine in at that mileage mate

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Any idea when it should start to pick up

Comment

You don't mention what you think is poor mpg but if it really is poor, there are many possible reasons.

Stop-start driving (i.e. accelerating and braking) is bad for mpg. Also the DPF can drink fuel if it's frequently trying to regenerate in town traffic.

Sitting in L3 on the motorway at 80 isn't great for mpg either.

Cold wet weather is bad for mpg, as is the associated running of all the electrics (lights, wipers, heated seats, blowers, aircon-demisters).

And don't forget Insignias are very heavy and in general the heavier the car the more fuel it needs to move it about.

Or maybe there is something wrong with your car.

Comment

I’m getting 38.9mpg I tend not to go past 70 always got kids in car

Comment

Have you tried resetting trip computer, fill car up with fuel then go from that.

Comment

No tbh I didn’t think of resetting it but it had mot today so know all okay with it

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                I’m getting 38.9mpg I tend not to go past 70 always got kids in car
                I get around 40 mpg with my 163 auto mixed driving low/mid 50s motorway. so not far off. But not all that bothered just fill up and go.

PS 30 to 32 mpg towing my tin tent
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Yeah give it a reset mate. If I go on a motorway run and don’t reset it it shows 48odd. If I reset it it’ll show 56 ish. It judges the mpg over the miles stored on the display when you reset it resets everything and judges over the current mileage if that makes sense

Comment

Yeah it does mate cheers

Comment

Hi Guys

Just been to the continent for Christmas holidays and drove 960 miles on 1 full tank of 70 liters. Not sure if that is good but that is what I did getting there and getting back at 973 miles. My destination was 1146 miles each way.

I think it was great crusing at average 80 to 85mph along the mortorway. Thank you and have a great day. My car is an insignia 2012 elite.

Comment

Hope you had a nice time!
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

So reset my trip as adviced and turns out I’m getting 50mpg thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X