Spare wheel for 2018 Insignia GS SRI Vx line hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel for 2018 Insignia GS SRI Vx line hatchback

I have a 2018 Insignia GS SRi VX line hatchback.It has 20" wheels. I wanted to buy a full size spare wheel as I did for my previous 2013 Insignia (18" wheel) but on inspection I found that the diameter of the spare wheel well was too small to accept even an 18" diameter wheel regardless of the depth. Is it impossible to obtain any sort of spare wheel for this car? The wheel would have to be about 16" to fit.

Welcome to the forum.

If you bought a full size spare wheel the over all diameter of the wheel with the correct tyre fitted, will be the same, i.e My spare (from e-bay)225/55 R17 the wheels for snug fit in wheel well. My motors wheels are 245/45 R18 Same diameter over all, but a narrower wheel. smallest wheel in specifications (I can find) is 215/60 R 16 you could try one of them, but it will still be the same dia. over all.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Insignia 'B' hatchback spare wheel wells are significantly smaller than those in the Tourers. So much so that only 16- or 17-inch space savers will fit, and perhaps a 16 inch steel wheel (which is not a UK option AFAIK). I got a virtually brand-new 17" standard fit alloy and tyre (at a price I couldn't ignore (£150)) as a spare, it didn't fit, so it sits in the boot, and I still have a space-saver LOL.

Comment

Thanks for your input Dave. What you suggest is in fact what I did in my 2013 Insignia hatchback. The problem with the new Insignia hatchback (2018) is not the width of the wheel but the diameter. I have 20" wheels *245/35 ZR 20XL) but the wheel well is no more than 16" diameter.

Comment

Thanks John. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

HI, i had the same issue, 20 inch wheels to fit over the front brembo brakes, the only option i found was.
            17 inch space saver, fits in well nicely, and sub also fits in that wheen if you have one.
            then if you have a puncture on the back your fine, if its on the front, take the back wheel off and put it on the front, then the space saver on the back.

not ideal but it works.

Comment

Working...
            X