Lower crank seal leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower crank seal leak

Ok so I've had an oil leak for a while now ,it's nothing major at all but leaving a horrible mark outside the house been told the leak is from the lower crank seal and it's a big job to do,

Anyone else had this leak and fixed it , also how much work is involved, thanks

Gearbox off job???
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Been told by the mechanic that it's a clutch out job for the seal to be done, he also said that some people have had the seal replaced with a new one but have had a worse leak because the it's the actual metal that gets worn ? Maybe not on an insignia but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
        Ok so I've had an oil leak for a while now ,it's nothing major at all but leaving a horrible mark outside the house been told the leak is from the lower crank seal and it's a big job to do,

Anyone else had this leak and fixed it , also how much work is involved, thanks
        Mine has a slow leak too for almost a year, i checked it out with a mechanic he say is the crankshaft seal, so snap .

Yeah i been told big job to do for such a cheap part. Leaving it until the clutch flywheel goes as mentioned gearbox out job.

Comment

Yeah leave it

Comment

Yeah .

Whats the year and mileage of your car?
            Mine is a 2012 , must been just under 80k when it started leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Yeah .

Whats the year and mileage of your car?
              Mine is a 2012 , must been just under 80k when it started leaking.
              Mines 09 and now it's on 173400 and it is outstanding to be honest,belt snapped last February on 153000 apart from the leak it's outstanding , I just looked at Wynn's engine oil seal additive, reviews are good so maybe I'll try that for now

Comment

Mines 09 and now it's on 173400 and it is outstanding to be honest,belt snapped last February on 153000 apart from the leak it's outstanding , I just looked at Wynn's engine oil seal additive, reviews are good so maybe I'll try that for now

The leak is expected with that mileage, just be grateful your engine is still running after so many others have failed with the oil pick up seal.

I might give that engine seal addictive a go too, just read up for minor leaks it does work apparently.

Comment

Nothing to lose for only a fiver

Comment

Nothing to lose for only a fiver
                    well you hope it doesn't damage the engine

Comment

My brother said this to me last night, but why would it damage the engine ?

Comment

Working...
                      X