DPF, EGR And Remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF, EGR And Remap

Hi Folks, I've had a good search and can't find info that I'm looking for so i've got a couple of questions that hopefully somebody can answer.

I'm looking at getting a remap on my 2011 2.0 cdti and was wondering about dpf and egr.
    Is the dpf just a fancy cat and if so can it be gutted like a cat for better flow and no regen issues then a standard one put on for test?

Not even sure what egr is just read about egr deletes with a remap, is a delete needed?
    What's the benefit of having it done?

Thanks.

Hello,

Both EGR valve and DPF has been put in place to reduce harmful emission / particles into the atmosphere and our body.
    Gutting the DPF is possible but illegal just like removing the cat. I recommend using the fuel addictives like millers to aid the regen process and help the engine run cleaner.
    Once you gut the dpf you will need to delete it in the map software, that's the same as egr. this has to be done so the car doesn't give you errors and allows it to run properly.
    Not sure what the recent rules are with dpf that have been removed. Not sure what will happen if you put a dpf back into the car after it has been deleted off the software.

Comment

Working...
    X