Dual filament hir 2 9012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceejaytee1979 View Post
    D'oh put my hand over the sensor and tried it works fine. Got it in my head they always came on initially when unlocked.
    To be honest never seen mine not come on .
    Must always be a cloud over me

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi
      So purchased and have just installed the Win power LED bulbs, all good except that now when I unlock the car the headlights dont come on at the same time. I have made sure auto headlights is on and checked the lighting option (locate me) in the menu. Any ideas how I can get them to come on?
      and these do not throw up any errors on the dash?

Comment

No errors, all good

Comment

No errors, all good
          Thanks for quick reply

Comment

No errors, all good
            I got them today, hopefully better than standard bulbs

Comment

Let me know what you think. Colour is so much nicer and the instant light is great. Had a drive round when I installed mine and the light pattern was similar to the halogen. Been in for over week and not been flashed so confident I am not blinding anyone otherwise I would have returned them.

Comment

Mine are still going well after a good few weeks of use, not sure if i like these 9012 type housing for these bulbs, as in it has a shutter that comes down for low beam, and clears for full beam, i would like the full beam to be a bit stronger, but its way better than the stock halogens, i tried another set from amazon, but sent them back as they were too big at the fan end, could not even screw them in right as they were getting caught on the plastic housing, and they would have been double the lumens, so i thought the full beam would be much stronger, these winpower will do fine though, maybe i will come across some better ones in the future.

One little mishap, parked the car in a dunnes stores underground car park, and some little blighter parked at the passenger side, must have opened their back door, and gave my lovely spotless white insignia a fair whack, and left 2 small dents on the door, never noticed it till a few days later, marked after less than a month, nearly 20 years parking my old 04 laguna and a 96 laguna before that, and never even a scratch from another car. I felt gutted when i saw the dents, i will try and get it fixed, as she is worth it, unlike the lagunas, but thats life i suppose.

I was looking at getting some of those door side mouldings to try and protect the doors from this type of mishap from happening again, saw a seller from poland on ebay who had the type for the facelift insignia, but they only come in a dark colour, and anyway i later realised they would not have saved me getting the dents from a back door, maybe they would work from someones front doors opening against mine, plus they would spoil the look of the siggy, its a pity vauxhall did not put these strips along the bottom or middle of the doors at manufacture.
                Last edited by cranefly; 12-02-2019, 09:01 PM. Reason: add something

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LAMPS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	242902 Got my Leds in, quite impressed with them, better than i thought they would be.

Comment

Originally posted by cranefly65 View Post
                    Mine are still going well after a good few weeks of use, not sure if i like these 9012 type housing for these bulbs, as in it has a shutter that comes down for low beam, and clears for full beam, i would like the full beam to be a bit stronger, but its way better than the stock halogens, i tried another set from amazon, but sent them back as they were too big at the fan end, could not even screw them in right as they were getting caught on the plastic housing, and they would have been double the lumens, so i thought the full beam would be much stronger, these winpower will do fine though, maybe i will come across some better ones in the future.

One little mishap, parked the car in a dunnes stores underground car park, and some little blighter parked at the passenger side, must have opened their back door, and gave my lovely spotless white insignia a fair whack, and left 2 small dents on the door, never noticed it till a few days later, marked after less than a month, nearly 20 years parking my old 04 laguna and a 96 laguna before that, and never even a scratch from another car. I felt gutted when i saw the dents, i will try and get it fixed, as she is worth it, unlike the lagunas, but thats life i suppose.

I was looking at getting some of those door side mouldings to try and protect the doors from this type of mishap from happening again, saw a seller from poland on ebay who had the type for the facelift insignia, but they only come in a dark colour, and anyway i later realised they would not have saved me getting the dents from a back door, maybe they would work from someones front doors opening against mine, plus they would spoil the look of the siggy, its a pity vauxhall did not put these strips along the bottom or middle of the doors at manufacture.
                    People don't see how long and wide a standard Insignia is . I'm so anal about where I park mine, yet still has small marks from the idiots that don't care. Think some do it on purpose.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      People don't see how long and wide a standard Insignia is . I'm so anal about where I park mine, yet still has small marks from the idiots that don't care. Think some do it on purpose.
                      I never had a car before where these little dents and scratches would bother me too much, it will drive me nuts sooner or later, so i am going to have to treat the insignia the same as my earlier cars, that were not as new and did not cost as much, maybe if a year or two had gone by first without any little dent, it would be like water of a ducks back, not bother me as much, but, under a month of owning her is a small bit too soon, either way, i will have to live with these little mishaps. I even went on Amazon looking for dent removal tools, that was an eye opener in itself, seeing how many products they have, after watching some you tube videos, i decided i will try and fix it myself, so i ordered a pdr dent removal toolkit, it was 50 quid, but at least i will have it for any future mishaps, that is how i can justify buying it.

Comment

Just read a review on Amazon about the 2nd LEDs you put on it says they don't fit 15 plate insignia. Is this false

Comment

If they're 9012 they fit. All facelift insignias with halogen lights are the same fitting.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It was saying they don't fit in the housing. I had a qashqai previously and the lights were **** hot only thing that was. I really need to get some better ones in the insignia asap

Comment

Ah yeah....there isn't a lot of room behind the bulb. What about the ones in the other link? They're tried and tested by other members and they seem pretty pleased with them.
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X