Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple car play

Hi guys,
    I’m looking to get another Insignia, after 2 years. One of the things that I am adamant to have on the car, is the projection icon on the screen, aka apple car play.
    However, is very hard to tell which has the service available and which one not!

Is there anyway to tell, other than sending mails to the sellers?
    Someone was telling me that all the cars after 2015 have it but I’ve seen car from 2016 without it.

I’m currently in Spain, for a long weekend and I got a rental, a Zafira, which has the car play thingie. And it’s absolutely amazing. For me, anyway.

Is it possible to retrofit it ? Or do I have to go to Vauxhall to program it for me?

Thanks guys !

All cars after 2015 should be capable of running CarPlay and Android Auto if they have the Projection icon. If it's not there, you can get the dealer to do the software update to enable it, but that may be chargeable. If your buying a car from a dealer then insist that the update is done before you buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
      All cars after 2015 should be capable of running CarPlay and Android Auto if they have the Projection icon. If it's not there, you can get the dealer to do the software update to enable it, but that may be chargeable. If your buying a car from a dealer then insist that the update is done before you buy it.
      Thanks for your reply. So basically all the cars 15, 65, 16, 66 plate should have the projection done, or if not it’s doable via an update from Vauxhall.
      Is that right or am I getting it wrong ?

Comment

Yes as long as they have the sat nav version, I'm not sure about versions without that. Before you buy one, ring VX with the reg and ask if it can be done, or contact your local dealer. I had a 65 plate Elite that I had updated at the dealer.

Comment

Yes as long as they have the sat nav version, I'm not sure about versions without that. Before you buy one, ring VX with the reg and ask if it can be done, or contact your local dealer. I had a 65 plate Elite that I had updated at the dealer.
          All the cars that I’m looking at, they have sat nav. However, some of them they do t have the projection icon. Assuming that the car is from 2015-2016, I can ask the dealer to do the software update, in order to get projection icon. Will try to find some pics, just to be in the safe side .

Comment

So, the first one has the icon, while the second one, don’t know if it has it not ?

Comment

Both cars are 66 plate !!!

Comment

If they're 66 plates then they should both have it as VX included the updated software from the end of 2015.

Comment

If they're 66 plates then they should both have it as VX included the updated software from the end of 2015.
                  Thanks mate. That’s been really clear. Thanks a lot !!!

Comment

Possible to retrofit but cheaper if you purchased a car with it already running.

Comment

ive got a 16 plate and its only got appleplay on it when I enquirerd about androidplay the dealer wanted £125 for the update one wanted even more

Comment

Just FYI software wasn't just the problem. Hardware was the problem and 65/16 plates had new hardware HMI 2.5 therefore new software

Comment

So, I would assume that this one has apple car play, right ? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=sg40ea&page=1

Comment

Not necessarily, my 65 plate didn't have it when I got it, I had the update done later. It should be capable of it though. Check with the dealer that the projection icon is there, if not, ask them to do the update before you get the car.

Comment

Can I get mine updated to this? I retrofitted mine though

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Working...
                              X