Insignia 2L CDTI SRI ecoflex 65 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2L CDTI SRI ecoflex 65 plate

Hello everyone. Im a nebie here and wanted some advice. I have had my insignia for 6 months now and warranty is due to run out in a couple of weeks. The car is great and hadnt let me down but just the other day i noticed when i startec it up first thing in the morning i got s loud rattle from the engine that kasted only a few seconds. It sounded like stones in the engine.
    I checked the oil level which was fine and i never had the noise again until the next morning ehen i got it again but not as loud. It ladted for approx 2 seconds and then not again all day. I wondered if it gad something to do with the cold weather as it was probably the coldest day since i got the car.
    The other two things are the diesel rattle on the car seems quiet loud and i wondered if this was normal also i find the cars second gear to be very sluggish.
    Is this just how the car id or is there something wrong?
    Sny help or ideas of what it maybe would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Gren; 21-01-2019, 12:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to add year

Welcome

The rattle you get on start up, could be the water pump starting to fail. Maybe it’s time to get the cam belt, pump and tensioners replaced.
    How many miles on the clock?...
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,

Can't help, sorry.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
        Welcome

The rattle you get on start up, could be the water pump starting to fail. Maybe it’s time to get the cam belt, pump and tensioners replaced.
        How many miles on the clock?...
        Hi thanks for your suggestion.
        The miles on the clock are 26’000 so i would of thought the water pump and cam belt would be fine. Its going in for a service in the morning so hopefully they can sort it

Comment

Working...
        X