Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd500/dvd800 patch and themes

Hi
    In the 5 themes that seem to exist which ones include the dvd800 mod for 3D maps?

I have tried the infinity and the apofigey but they don’t seems to have the 3D mod.
    Worried about flashing too many times.

Thanks

It’s a while since I used it but think this is the one I used on the CD500 on my old Elite which gave me 3D maps and the “Tours” option (which I never used!!) although it was a few years ago that I did it. Link should let you download it from my Dropbox account :-

You can see some pics of this theme on this thread which has links to all the themes if the links still work. I tried a few before settling on the one I had and i tidied it up a bit in places using MS Paint to change some words to English etc.

I’m 99% certain the one I’ve linked to is ok to use but you use it at your own risk much like all the ones on the second link. 😉

Comment

Thanks

The Opel site is where I got the files from, just doesn’t detail which ones do and don’t have the mod.

I have read your posts and worked out from your trails you can basically drop int images file in to any rom. The link in the original post is not clickable so thanks for about. I might try your image file.
      I have the my11 so can’t use the rom.

Is there some kind of Rev history of the roms.
      Haven’t used the standard one as the files it in seem older.

I’m very surprised only the 5 seemed to get made. Guess people moved on once it got modded.

Comment

I can’t remember which one it was but it has this as a picture plus 3d maps. On the downside the phone button on the steering wheel stopped working

Comment

Hi
          Thanks that looks like the carbon theme apart from the tiger picture. I will give that a go next.
          I don't have Bluetooth so no problem there

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
            Thanks

The Opel site is where I got the files from, just doesn’t detail which ones do and don’t have the mod.

I have read your posts and worked out from your trails you can basically drop int images file in to any rom. The link in the original post is not clickable so thanks for about. I might try your image file.
            I have the my11 so can’t use the rom.

Is there some kind of Rev history of the roms.
            Haven’t used the standard one as the files it in seem older.

I’m very surprised only the 5 seemed to get made. Guess people moved on once it got modded.
            Yeh, sorry should have mentioned i updated on a My10 so you'd need a different one for a My11 car. For what its worth i flashed mine quite a few times trying different themes to see which one i preferred eventually settling on the one i've linked to above. It was pretty easy to play with the image files to change them where required. I removed a load of the Infinity logos for example sticking mainly with the actual white\red & black\red colours and the other graphics. I also fiddled with some of the labels that were in there for things like the DAB label which was something else and the iPod logo as well. Nothing major but made it look a bit better i thought.

Comment

Actually just had a brainwave and remembered i'd stored a load of stuff relating to this on my Google Drive so i've shared that as this link below :-
              Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Looks like i've got a few different ones in there for My10 cars including updating to 3D but the original theme and going back to stock should you need to. Getting bits back now about how you need to do it and think to get at the images you have to extract them out of another file somewhere. It was all detailed on the old Insignia forum before we came here so not sure if its still available.

Comment

Hi bransoj

Do you still have the unpacker. I have not been able to find that.

Comment

I'll have a look round and see. Problem is i was doing it on my old work PC and i've now left that company and my laptop at home has a broken hard disk so i wont be able to get it off that. I'll check my cloud drives to see if i have a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson View Post
                    Hi bransoj

Do you still have the unpacker. I have not been able to find that.
                    Seems i do still have it!!

If you go to the Google drive link above there is a file called "GM_Res.rar" which if you download and open with Winzip or Winrar contains the Unpacker and Packer applications that you need. Obviously you run the Unpacker one to get all the image files out and then the Packer one to repackage it all after you've edited them.

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Zombies player eh?
                        I looked in the CD500 to DVD800 folders to check what was in there.
                        went back to the root and saw a 'attack of the radioactive thing' chemical guide.
                        me and my friend got to the boss fight about 20 times then all we had to do was jump over the lasers and push the button but I would often die on a laser. The 4 or so times I made it my friend would go down.
                        Never did do it.

also what did you do to these images. the files size has doubled
                        never mind, the image file is about the same but you have 5 dir. the MY11 only has 2.

Comment

I dont have a 'attack of the radioactive thing' chemical guide on my google drive anywhere!? Plus nothing else is shared in there other than that Vauxhall folder so folk could download these things so not sure where you've ended up when you've gone to the root of the drive unless its yours or someone else who was logged in on the PC you are using. I've never been much of a computer games player other than Championship Manager back in the day!!

Did very little editing to the files other than to remove the Infinity logos from all the pages and change the words for a few bits to make it English, eg i changed the image for DAB which initially said DVB which is presumably what DAB is called in whichever language the theme maker spoke. As you found initially there were differences between My10 and My11 with what images are required.

Comment

I have a dvd 800 navi and I'm looking for a dark custom theme, does anyone have one please?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X