Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's door lock

Hello All

Just bought an '09 plate with 2 keys. One key will start the car, the other won't. Both keys operate the remote central locking ok so I thought I'd try syncing the duff key following the instructions in the handbook which says to unlock the car with the key in the driver's door and it will sync when you put the key in the ignition. However, neither of the keys will lock or unlock the car via the door lock.
    Any ideas?

Cheers

Sounds like you’ve bought a car that has had bits swapped over. Possible a previous owner lost keys and had to get new barrel etc from scrappy and probably only had one coded to keep cost down?

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

i believe opcom can code keys but you will need the security pass

Comment

Originally posted by orangethings View Post
        Hello All

Just bought an '09 plate with 2 keys. One key will start the car, the other won't. Both keys operate the remote central locking ok so I thought I'd try syncing the duff key following the instructions in the handbook which says to unlock the car with the key in the driver's door and it will sync when you put the key in the ignition. However, neither of the keys will lock or unlock the car via the door lock.
        Any ideas?

Cheers
        Just read my initial post back and realised it's slightly misleading! What I didn't say is that at first both keys worked and only after dropping the key and the battery coming out did it stop working so I guess something has broken inside that key. Even then, that shouldn't prevent it from unlocking the door via the door lock should it? Neither the good key or the duff one will work the lock.

Comment

Working...
        X