No announcement yet.

65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI Ecoflex. Manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Plate 2.0 CDTI SRI Ecoflex. Manual.

Hi there. First post so please bear with me.

Recently bought the above car from a creditable used dealer, its an ex fleet car with 71k miles and full service history.

I am an ex company car driver where most of my driving has been in automatics, my only manual cars have been small engined and low power.

It drives sweet and is a nice clean car and I like the Insignia, however it does something I find unusual .. it doesnt happen everytime but it does happen often.
    If I change gear to soon or jump a gear say 2nd to 4th I can take my foot off the accelerator and the car will slowly accelerate. Sometimes it will just maintain the current speed with no assistance from me.
    It sometimes happens when I change from 1st to 2nd before the green "upshift" advisory light comes on.

However, if I follow the changes as suggested by the green upshift indicator it doesnt happen.

The dealer tested the car on a diagnostic machine and nothing came up, they did a reset and came to the (only) conclusion its something to do with the Ecoflex system and how the car is programmed to behave. The dealer is more than happy to sort the issue if indeed it is an issue, but doesnt really know where to start looking. Hence the request for help.

I am not in the least mechanically minded but does this sound right or is there something wrong that needs further investigation

Apologies for this being so long and thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome

As for what you think may be a problem, I haven’t heard of that before. Hopefully someone else may be able to shed some light on it soon.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi

It doesn't sound normal. A car should slow if you take your foot off the accelerator. Nothing I've heard of before. Is the dealer you bought it from a Vauxhall dealer? It may need an ECU update. If he isn't I'd ask him to book it into VX.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Hi

It doesn't sound normal. A car should slow if you take your foot off the accelerator. Nothing I've heard of before. Is the dealer you bought it from a Vauxhall dealer? It may need an ECU update. If he isn't I'd ask him to book it into VX.
        Its an independent used car dealer and service centre, i will take in again next week and ask him to look at it again.

Thanks

Comment

My 2010 Cdti will power itself along a bit like you still have the pedal down between 1st to 2nd especially when its cold but it does not accelerate it does however hold the revs up between 5th and 6th when cruise is on when changing gear which is good i suppose.

Comment

It sounds to me like you are changing gear too early and on the change the revs are too low so the power surges a little to prevent stalling. The ecoflex gaering is longer in 1st, 2nd and 6th. Don't bother with the indicator as its a distraction. Try changing up after 2k revs and see if that cures it
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
            X