Help needed with vibration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with vibration issue

Guys, I am getting an intermittent vibration through the front and steering. Feels very much like driving over the white rumble strips on motorway!

Usually at higher speeds, 60+ but not exclusive to. If I ease off of the gas, or increase the gas, or press the clutch it usually goes straight away!

Happens maybe once or twice then not for a few miles, or 50 miles! No pattern at all.

Had drive shafts checked … apparently ok! wheel bearings checked …. apparently ok. Someone suggested that it's the clutch but two other said no!

Any thoughts guys?

2009 2.0 diesel Insignia.

Have you had the wheels balanced?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      Have you had the wheels balanced?
      Wheels are balanced fine. Had them checked just incase!

Comment

What sort of miles is on the car?

Could it be flywheel?

Sounds drivetrain related when pressing the clutch stops the vibration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post

Could it be flywheel?

Hi ... 150k miles.

Apart from splitting engine and gearbox, is there anything I can do to confirm or reject flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post

Could it be flywheel?

I've just been told it's not DMF fitted in my car. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Comment

I thought they had a DMF.
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                I thought they had a DMF.
                Apparently mine being the 130bhp it doesn't! I don't know to be honest.

Comment

There was a TSB (TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ) on vibrations a good few years back.

Below is bulletin VX released:

Field Remedy: 2692
                  Subject: Front axle suspension - Vibration
                  Models: Engines: Option:
                  Insignia 2009... All
                  Complaint: Slight vibration between 70 mph and 90 mph.
                  Cause: Addition of tolerances.

Remedy:
                  In case of customer complaint please exchange the rear bushing
                  of both lower front control arms. Improved parts can be ordered at
                  P&A.

Note: Wheels have to be very well balanced and have to be installed
                  to the hub according to the information given in TIS.

Spare parts: Part-number: Catalogue-number:

Bushing, damper, front- 13 315 674 3 52 496
                  suspension arm, rear

Labour Times: TC: Hours:

U3 269 20 Replace bushings 90 S.A.
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                    There was a TSB (TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN ) on vibrations a good few years back.

Below is bulletin VX released:

Field Remedy: 2692
                    Subject: Front axle suspension - Vibration
                    Models: Engines: Option:
                    Insignia 2009... All
                    Complaint: Slight vibration between 70 mph and 90 mph.
                    Cause: Addition of tolerances.

Remedy:
                    In case of customer complaint please exchange the rear bushing
                    of both lower front control arms. Improved parts can be ordered at
                    P&A.

Note: Wheels have to be very well balanced and have to be installed
                    to the hub according to the information given in TIS.

Spare parts: Part-number: Catalogue-number:

Bushing, damper, front- 13 315 674 3 52 496
                    suspension arm, rear

Labour Times: TC: Hours:

U3 269 20 Replace bushings 90 S.A.
                    That's interesting. Thanks. Worth looking at. Although I wouldn't describe it as 'slight vibrations' and it is very intermittent. Relatively cheep fix I suppose though!

Comment

Nothings cheap at the stealers
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        Nothings cheap at the stealers
                        Haha true, but cheaper than a clutch!

Comment

Same problem but on a 2018 sports tourer

[gQUOTE=Phooey;298204]Guys, I am getting an intermittent vibration through the front and steering. Feels very much like driving over the white rumble strips on motorway!

Usually at higher speeds, 60+ but not exclusive to. If I ease off of the gas, or increase the gas, or press the clutch it usually goes straight away!

Happens maybe once or twice then not for a few miles, or 50 miles! No pattern at all.

Had drive shafts checked … apparently ok! wheel bearings checked …. apparently ok. Someone suggested that it's the clutch but two other said no!

Any thoughts guys?

2009 2.0 diesel Insignia.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Pigs1965 View Post
                            [gQUOTE=Phooey;298204]Guys, I am getting an intermittent vibration through the front and steering. Feels very much like driving over the white rumble strips on motorway!

Any thoughts guys?

2009 2.0 diesel Insignia.
                            [/QUOTE]

Last month when I collected car from dealer had to take wife to hospital in Preston on M55, between 60 and 75 noticed lots of vibration through steering wheel and thought it needed front wheels balanced as 2 new tyres had been fitted, but when I got on A6 noticed a stink and when parked up and ticking over noticed if I touched clutch pedal could hear a slight grinding noise which disappeared when pushed fully to the floor.

Dealer decided new clutch needed and told me to claim on the 12 month warranty we had paid for, so I took it down to another garage and he straight away told us that a new flywheel was also needed and wouldn't last more than two weeks and he couldn't do it as he was not vat registered.
                            So back too dealer who then decided he would do it under his own cost, touch wood has been ok since.

Comment

Was your clutch pedal nearly up the top as mind is.

Comment

Working...
                              X