Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPC / Speedo work

Hi guys.

Have the following to update on the instrument clusters...

I can offer a programming service if you wish to replace your existing preface cluster for another preface cluster, for example upgrade from a 2009 to a 2012 model. I can reprogram the vin so it matches your car so the mileage all works ok. I can also enable the hidden menus which OPCOM / VAUXCOM doesnt know about. (this can be a postal service)

For the facelifts I can reprogram a 2nd hand cluster to match your original one, All I would need is your VIN Number.... (postal service) Hidden menus can be enabled

The upper spec 8inch LCD ones can also be programmed to your vehicle to suit as well, including offering a VXR background, VXR Unlimited, OPC, OPC unlimited and also the GS Buick Regal backgrounds. Also performance menu can be activated and also the hidden menus as well. (postal service)

And as a first over to be actually done? (info for this provided by someone else), a preface to facelift cluster conversion. You would need a BCM from a 2012 (which would need reprogramming by me), the corresping 2012 version of your heater control panel, the cluster (either a 4inch or 8inch LCD), wiring modifications (which i can carry out), and also the facelift steering wheel and airbag as well. (on-site rework)

No prices as yet as still figuring this side of things out.

I'm going to be carrying out my first conversion this weekend (current conversion is on the test bench), and will get pictures of the before, during, and after.

I have also been looking into reprogramming the HMI's and Radios as well, and hopefully this should be a service available in the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited by plasma; 26-01-2019, 02:16 PM.
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

May well be interested in the performance menu for the facelift 8" dash depending on cost. Would this upgrade include the different backgrounds and hidden menus?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yes, that can include the different backgrounds and menus.

I will try to get pictures of the backgrounds next time I'm working on them to give a visual idea of what each one looks like.

I'll be fitting a standard set of 4inch facelifts into a preface this sunday, then going to fit the 8inch cluster as well, so will get some photos of the backgrounds..

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
        Yes, that can include the different backgrounds and menus.

I will try to get pictures of the backgrounds next time I'm working on them to give a visual idea of what each one looks like.

I'll be fitting a standard set of 4inch facelifts into a preface this sunday, then going to fit the 8inch cluster as well, so will get some photos of the backgrounds..
        On the VXR backgrounds and hidden menus will things like the G-meter work? Will my car have all the sensors?
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I have the elite Nav with flexride, and it works fine... I suspect it could be something to do with the pitch and yaw sensors on this setup. Will enable this menu over the weekend on the test vehicle which does not have flexride and report back. Only other features which do not work are the oil temperature and oil pressure due to the sensors... Although I've been told you can change one of the sensors, add some wiring and a batch of reprogramming other modules.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            May well be interested in the performance menu for the facelift 8" dash depending on cost. Would this upgrade include the different backgrounds and hidden menus?
            these briefly show up after disconnecting the battery,then reconnecting,,only stay on for 10 secs or so,,i would be interested in getting this activated
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
              I have the elite Nav with flexride, and it works fine... I suspect it could be something to do with the pitch and yaw sensors on this setup. Will enable this menu over the weekend on the test vehicle which does not have flexride and report back. Only other features which do not work are the oil temperature and oil pressure due to the sensors... Although I've been told you can change one of the sensors, add some wiring and a batch of reprogramming other modules.
              I wonder if the 2ltr SIDI Turbo has the sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                I wonder if the 2ltr SIDI Turbo has the sensors?
                It was a 16 plate 2.0t that this happened to,when we connected battery back up,the hidden gauges came to life,,,briefly
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                X