Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD500 infotainment system is completely dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD500 infotainment system is completely dead!

The CD500 on my MY2011 Insignia stopped working this morning. No power at all. fuses checked and are OK. indicators don't 'click. either! Anyone any ideas?

Originally posted by bigdrinks View Post
    The CD500 on my MY2011 Insignia stopped working this morning. No power at all. fuses checked and are OK. indicators don't 'click. either! Anyone any ideas?
    Try a battery reset can sometimes solve electrical glitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
      Try a battery reset can sometimes solve electrical glitches.
      Thanks Wullie, just tried that and still nothing!

Comment

Indicators don't click as sound comes through the infotainment system. i would suggest battery check as if battery is on the way out it can make the car do silly things. My Astra J said low voltage I ignored it as thought at the time nothing was wrong it was starting etc fine everytime couple of weeks later dashboard died then all lights cames on check this check that whilst driving nothing worked thought car had died all down to battery dying new one on all was ok again no more probs.

Comment

That’s a good shout snapshot. The battery is struggling this last week on the winter mornings! Shame it has to cost me about £100 on a new battery to find out though!

Comment

Please post up if changing your battery cures this issue, I have a similar problem with mine, I've checked everything I can possibly check from wiring behind the stereo, the bcm, and even the wiring behind the ignition in case it was somehow loose there. Apart from also replacing the battery I'm at a loss as to what to do or check now. Mine seems to crank no problem though. But one day I have stereo then the next I don't. It's quite frustrating. Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdrinks View Post
              That’s a good shout snapshot. The battery is struggling this last week on the winter mornings! Shame it has to cost me about £100 on a new battery to find out though!
              Try Euro Car Parts & use code SALE55 to get 50% off, or GSF & code VIP58 to get 58% off.

Comment

I’ve put a new battery on and, alas, the CD500 is still dead!

Comment

That's a pain! Any ideas what your next move is? I had my cd400 out and double checked all connections, all clean and visibly looked fine, all snugged home tight into the stereo. I visibly looked at the bcm down in the passenger footwell and all looks good there (without actually pulling the plugs). I checked all connections behind the steering wheel (incase of a possible loose wire behind ignition barrel) long shot, but all was well. My op-com doesn't flag up any issue. My cd400 has a mind of its own ( but only on initial start up and within the first few miles) although it had been behaving lately I thought maybe it had magically fixed itself, but no!

I wonder for you, if there's any members or something that would be willing to swap 500's and see there's worked? Ignore this if that's not an option as I'm not sure if the stereos need to be coded to each car or if it's a plug and play? Probably wouldn't be that straight forward.

Comment

they are coded to the car, but it would come on and show theft protection if working
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

UPDATE:-

Started the car this morning and Planet Rock on the DAB blasted out!!!’

All working. Had to be the battery! 👍👏

Comment

It's amazing how many problems with an Insignia can be solved by either disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or replacing the battery completely!

Comment

Brilliant, glad yours is sorted. I see another thread having the excact same issues as me with his cd400 , he says there's a tb about water leaking in through the wiper arms causing issues. I'll have to investigate that area.

Comment

I’d be interested to read that Technical Service Bulletin if you find it.

Comment

Working...
                            X