No announcement yet.

P242D fault and limp mode 2.0 diesel 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be worth checking the live data of how the sensors perform when cold/warm.

Comment

Another thing you have to look after is that due to the egt sensor failure, regen may not take place, or may be disrupted and filter may be clogged after some time

Comment

When I drove home from work on Saturday the radiator fan was on so I must have interrupted a regen, so yesterday on my way home I kept an eye on the top consumers and the heated rear window was showing as on so I kept driving until it cleared so I'm sure it done a regen yesterday.

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
        Another thing you have to look after is that due to the egt sensor failure, regen may not take place, or may be disrupted and filter may be clogged after some time

Comment

I had this issue when either hot or cold. My code reader also said P242D. I changed the sensor underneath and all has been ok since. However the wiring was a pig to get at and took almost twenty minutes just to get the loom plug on and off.......Check Ebay for 'Vauxhall Insignia Position 2 Rear Exhaust Temperature Sensor 55496933' ..... EBay seller is autovaux £73.95

Comment

Originally posted by thechair View Post
            I had this issue when either hot or cold. My code reader also said P242D. I changed the sensor underneath and all has been ok since. However the wiring was a pig to get at and took almost twenty minutes just to get the loom plug on and off.......Check Ebay for 'Vauxhall Insignia Position 2 Rear Exhaust Temperature Sensor 55496933' ..... EBay seller is autovaux £73.95
            Cheers I know about getting to the plug I disconnected it at the weekend after my work and got a few nice burns on my arm trying to get it off!! My car has been fine the last couple of days but i'm sure the sensor is on its way out.

Comment

It probably is. Mine would be fine for a week then all of a sudden I would have the issue for days. The longer it goes on the worse it gets.

Comment

My car has been driving fine for over a week now with no limp mode or warnings coming up. The only thing i've noticed is my mpg seems to have went down. I usually get about 49-50mpg but over the last couple of weeks its down to about 45mpg, I also had another dpf regen on my way home ffrom work tonight could this be my sensor giving the wrong readings?

Comment

It is quite possible the sensor if giving incorrect readings. However my car would be fine for long periods then the fault code would appear quite often probably due to the sensor degrading over time. When it gets to that stage you will have no choice but to change the sensor. You can clear the fault code but it might reappear within minutes and if you are on a motorway then limp mode is absolutely useless.

Comment

It is quite possible the sensor if giving incorrect readings. However my car would be fine for long periods then the fault code would appear quite often probably due to the sensor degrading over time. When it gets to that stage you will have no choice but to change the sensor. You can clear the fault code but it might reappear within minutes and if you are on a motorway then limp mode is absolutely useless.
                    How is the car behaving since you've replaced the sensor? Did you have any more limp modes or error codes?

The sensor on eBay (Bank 1 Sensor 3) is now £44.95 - is it the same sensor? My hopes can take it.

The car just slapped me today with this code, shaming me on the motorway, coming back on it's limp mode.

Thanks!

Comment

Also, which part did you replace for error code P242D - OEM 55489472 or 55496933 OEM code ? I think that the former is the one for Position 3 and latter would be on Position 2 - that is from browsing the description.

Hope the questions aren't a pain.

Comment

Hello, if you are getting the code fir bank 1 position 3 then the code reader is pointing at that problem , but check on live data first to confirm.
                        It would be trying to compensate by giving a rich mixture.
                        If it's a wideband sensor then the miliamps will be in the negative.
                        If it's a narrow band sensor then the voltage will be positive.
                        Considering air fuel ratio 2.1

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by razyell View Post
                          Also, which part did you replace for error code P242D - OEM 55489472 or 55496933 OEM code ? I think that the former is the one for Position 3 and latter would be on Position 2 - that is from browsing the description.

Hope the questions aren't a pain.
                          Hi I replaced the bottom sensor with fault code P242D this is the sensor I got from ebay

Vauxhall Part Number: 55591173 55496933. Vauxhall Exhaust Temperature Sensor for 2.0 Diesel Engines. Fits:Insignia (2009-) With Engine Codes A20DT, A20DTE, A20DTH and A20DTL. Position 2 Only.

Comment

Thank you for the reply - just ordered. As soon as it gets here, I'll get it replaced.

I know I'm being cheeky, but would you happen to remember what size was the nut?

Comment

I can't remember the size but it isn't any bigger than 19mm and comes off easy enough, the connector is a bit of a pain you need to get it from the top. I replaced my sensor about 6 weeks ago and I haven't had anymore fault codes coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by markf497 View Post
                                I can't remember the size but it isn't any bigger than 19mm and comes off easy enough, the connector is a bit of a pain you need to get it from the top. I replaced my sensor about 6 weeks ago and I haven't had anymore fault codes coming up.
                                Thank you, kind sir. I just need to wait and hope that we get a few more sunny days

Comment

Working...
                                X