Pre-facelift halogen to facelift xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-facelift halogen to facelift xenon

I was planning on Swapping my pre-facelift halogen headlamps to facelift xenon headlamps. Wanted to know if this was possible and if so, do you have instructions or a source that would help install and parts needed. I would be getting the facelift bumper aswell.

Thank you [emoji4]

Anything is possible................at a price. This will cost a fortune to install to factory spec and is not just a plug and play replacement. You'll need the headlights (£900ish each new), level sensors for the axles front and rear, looms plus most likely programming. If you want fully working to factory spec e.g. auto high beam you'll be disappointed unless you start replacing the windscreen and installing the cameras. You'd be better off finding one with AFL already on it e.g. Elite or an SRI with it added as a factory option
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Alright. Thanks, didn’t think there would be quite so much to do. And the price ofcourse. Would fitting halogen be easier? Is this more simple than xenon? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the_westwood View Post
        Alright. Thanks, didn’t think there would be quite so much to do. And the price ofcourse. Would fitting halogen be easier? Is this more simple than xenon? Thanks.
        much much easier,,more or less plug and play ,I think
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Pre face halogen to facelift halogen is basically plug and play but you need something extra. From memory I think you need something called a diode to make the full beam work

Also if you didn’t know already to change the lights the preface bumper needs to be modified. Or you need a facelift bumper as well. Plus you need facelift light brackets which I think are about £10 each.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
            Pre face halogen to facelift halogen is basically plug and play but you need something extra. From memory I think you need something called a diode to make the full beam work

Also if you didn’t know already to change the lights the preface bumper needs to be modified. Or you need a facelift bumper as well. Plus you need facelift light brackets which I think are about £10 each.
            Was gonna get the facelift bumper anyway. Will look into the diode and light bracket.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X