This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I remember;

Take out storage cubby, the one by your right knee. You push the tabs either side to release.

Two 7mm bolts just above to take out which then releases the headlight switch. After that there's a 7mm bolt just behind where the switch was.

Left hand side of the steering wheel. You need to take the trim off to get the other 7mm bolt which holds in the steering wheel cowl.

After that you can pop off the cowl and you'll see the two bolts for the cluster.

I think! As yours in preface unsure on trim on the radio side!

Comment

• Evening plasma , I've got a 65 plate insignia and no projection icon, do you update my current hmi or do I need to source other ones?

Comment

• plasma, did you manage to get the touchpad & video in motion to work?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmyp1970 View Post
          Evening plasma , I've got a 65 plate insignia and no projection icon, do you update my current hmi or do I need to source other ones?
          You'll need to buy a hmi 2.5 if no projection icon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ami View Post
            plasma, did you manage to get the touchpad & video in motion to work?.
            Not yet, still need to look into it.
            Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewish View Post
              You'll need to buy a hmi 2.5 if no projection icon
              Cheers lewish just hmi unit or both radio module and hmi unit

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmyp1970 View Post
                Cheers lewish just hmi unit or both radio module and hmi unit
                Both. You can only have hmi but you lose ability to use voice commands

Comment

• Originally posted by plasma View Post
                  IPC / Speedo Options

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intellilink units

HMI Full Reprogram £100
                  Radio Module Full Reprogram £100

Discount may be available if unit is already partially programmed for your needs.

Postage at buyers expense

RF400 small screen / dab unit to full RF900 touchscreen intellilink system (utilising additional cabling)

All work is being done with genuine equipment
                  Hi Plasma, I have a 15 plate Design trim, non sat nav and non touchscreen 4inch dab head unit.

Could you upgrade this to the R900 with Sat Nav? If so what parts am I going to need and could you help source them and how much am I looking at cost wise all in? Cheers

Comment

• once i source a supply of plugs then it will be easier... you'd need to either find a dash loom from another vehicle elite/sri manual/auto which fits then you can fit the parts...

One the test one i did rf400 like yours, i bodged up a loom to add to it to enable the rf900 intellilink to go in and work, but the wiring was just that, a bodge to prove it... Once I find the correct connectors then I can make up some patch leads as a kit
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Both. You can only have hmi but you lose ability to use voice commands
                      Will this include not been able to reply via android auto txt thingy ?

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

• Originally posted by plasma View Post
                        once i source a supply of plugs then it will be easier... you'd need to either find a dash loom from another vehicle elite/sri manual/auto which fits then you can fit the parts...

One the test one i did rf400 like yours, i bodged up a loom to add to it to enable the rf900 intellilink to go in and work, but the wiring was just that, a bodge to prove it... Once I find the correct connectors then I can make up some patch leads as a kit
                        Ahh, how much would you charge if I got all the parts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                          Will this include not been able to reply via android auto txt thingy ?

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav
                          I don't think you can say ok google, text .....

Only music will work not sure about nav directions

P.s on ebay someone was selling the modules for £200 together

Comment

I don't think you can say ok google, text .....

Only music will work not sure about nav directions

P.s on ebay someone was selling the modules for £200 together
                            Could you link me please kind sir?

Comment

• Someone's already snapped it up. You can still have a look on there though

Comment

Someone's already snapped it up. You can still have a look on there though
                                Am I the guilty party

Comment

Working...
                                X