X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rXr View Post
    Hey Ian,

got them here: https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

It wasn't cheap as I went for the bluetooth version on both of them so all in all it was around 650 pound (still hurts)
    I only ask cause i been looking at these both but didn’t know if there was a cheaper option

Comment

that's the one thing I purposefully didn't look for cheaper stuff (like grey imported things from our friends from aliexpress etc) - Don't want to plug anything in there of questionable origin and end up with a smoking car on the side of the road

Comment

that's the one thing I purposefully didn't look for cheaper stuff (like grey imported things from our friends from aliexpress etc) - Don't want to plug anything in there of questionable origin and end up with a smoking car on the side of the road
        Keep us updated how it goes

Comment

Will do - normal work trip tomorrow morning so I'll leave the PedalBox on stock to see what the impact of the tuning box is

Comment

Hey Ian,

got them here: https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/

It wasn't cheap as I went for the bluetooth version on both of them so all in all it was around 650 pound (still hurts)
            Ouch... pedal box is a great bit of kit though.
            sigpic

Comment

Just looked at pedal box, do they reduce all the lag or just some of it?
              Had a chip box from these on pug 406 was great

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

From the short trip I was able to make after install, it feels like it removes all the lag (at least the noticable one).

Got four pre programmed settings. Stock, City, Sport and Sport+

Sport+ is finicky it seems. Very swift throttle response (again, very short trip).

I found Sport to be the most balanced so far.

I've got about 100km tomorrow. Half of which will be on stock to just test the tuning box and the other half (way home) will be on sport.

Huge change though from stock, that's for certain.

Comment

So the first leg of my drive this morning was set on stock with the PedalBox and my initial setting on the tuning box.

Def. fellt a difference in "get up and go" (for the science fans that translates into approx 50 extra mule power )

Set-up the bluetooth connections now and set both the tuning and the peddal to sport ... we shall see on my way home what it feels like

Comment

Way home successfully completed - what a difference!

To be fair - I still need to actually spend some time with the tuning box and try through the different programs - the one that's currently set seems to be delivering in the upper rev ranges, need to test the other settings to find one that delivers most in the lover rev ranges ( I ain't no boy racer who's gear stick is welded stuck into the second / third gear )

Overall I was switching between sport and sport+ on the PedalBox and in Sport+ the throttle response was insane but due to the way I have the tuning box running at the moment the driving wasn't exactly smooth

I'll be changing the program on the tuning box to a different setting that should (I'm talking out of my rear here, no idea, just going by the instructions etc) deliver power earlier and have the pedal box on Sport.

Overall - you can feel the additional hp and torque. I have one stretch home, national road, incline and bendy and before I couldn't drive it in 5th unless I was doing over 80km/h (which is a bit of a challenge), today I didn't need to downshift the entire stretch even when dropping to 70km/h on some bends.

I keep updating as I progress.

Current tuning box settings: P2 (tomorrow will be P1)
                    pedal box settings: Sport

Edit!: Anyone else on here with the tuning box?

Comment

Will be interesting to know the perfect combination of both box settings. Can you cange the settings via Bluetooth as you drive along?

Comment

I had the pedal box and found sport great, sport + insane!

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                          I had the pedal box and found sport great, sport + insane!
                          Yeah I feel the same - sport + is for those light footed people who can breath onto the accelerator pedal (me with my hobbit feet can't do that)

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                            Will be interesting to know the perfect combination of both box settings. Can you cange the settings via Bluetooth as you drive along?
                            You can change settings but from what I have seen so far it lets you chose between Dynamic, Sport and Efficient so not sure how that translates to the different programs on the unit itself yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X