20 to 23mpg on 2.0 cdti 160 Sports Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 to 23mpg on 2.0 cdti 160 Sports Tourer

Should be better... Seen much better mpg... City drive mostly....

What checks should I go through to get better results if possible...

Thanks in advance..

I'm getting around 37mpg on my one, to be honest, 20 to 23 sounds awfully low. I have a mix of city, country and dual carriage way driving (and I'm not really driving very eco friendly ...)

Comment

I could get 22 in my old vxr, what your getting is very poor,
      you do mainly city driving,Try a good run on a motorway and see what the mpg returns.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's stuck in a DPF regen cycle. Journeys too short to complete regen so it spends half its time doing regens and guzzling fuel in the process.
        Beware it doesn't block the DPF.

Short, stop-start journeys give terrible mpg anyway, especially in diesels.

Cold, wet, winter weather hurts mpg too.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
          Maybe it's stuck in a DPF regen cycle. Journeys too short to complete regen so it spends half its time doing regens and guzzling fuel in the process.
          Beware it doesn't block the DPF.

Short, stop-start journeys give terrible mpg anyway, especially in diesels.

Cold, wet, winter weather hurts mpg too.
          Yes, short start-stop journeys mostly, working on various places in same city. Waiting for Op-com to arrive and I will see what is happening with DPF.

Forgot to mention it is an automatic gear car.

If there is anything else to check please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Comment

I have the same car (auto). My journey to work is 7 miles. 5 on fast dual carriageway and 2 in town. Getting about 35mpg so yours may be a touch low but maybe not dramatically.

Comment

I get 45mg and my journey to work and back is a total of 100 miles odd. 90% of this is A Road and sitting at 65.

I find the insignia very thirsty.

Comment

I've a 160 auto and I get 40 round town and 55 on motorway.
                If you've got consumers on dash leave that on. If it says rear defog on its doing regen

Comment

Working...
                X