Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing accu AGM

Hi all

my Insignia 2012 is still running its original Opel accu (AGM 100 Ah). My start-stop function has never worked since the battery didn't get to 94-95% to make the function work. I bought the car second hand (no warranty on the battery, so the garageholder/seller told me after I complained, they're all in the monster business of carselling, real crooks). Question is, is it doable to replace the accu myself? Someone told me that experts keep the current on the car to avoid loss of radio-unit (re-entering the code), other data on the BC etc...
    I've seen an instruction video and it seems doable, only point of attention was to first loosen the grounding point ? The independent battery-garage offered me a Varta 95Ah AGM all-in for 220 euros. The Opel garage priced me 380 euro for the service including OEM Opel battery (what a joke!). If I install myself, the battery is available for 180 euro on the net...
    Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
    Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Are you talking about just replacing the battery? If so, you can completely remove the old one and stick in the new one without any loss of radio settings. The only thing you will be asked when you turn on the ignition for the first time after replacing will be to roll down and up each of your electric windows.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Indeed, just replacing the battery. No other things to keep in mind then, just the windows ?

In this video, the guy loosens the bolts and than switches on/off the ignition before proceeding to take the battery further out. Any reason to do so? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUuU9JZPfk
      Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

Yeah just the windows. Just roll each one as it tells you and you're sorted.

It's quite common for owners to disconnect the battery for 10 or 20 minutes when a vauxhall gremiln (a glitch) raises it's ugly head to try to sort it. It's often all that is needed. It's like rebooting a computer.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Just disconnect the battery and change it,then just reset the windows---it comes up on the screen,once that's done you are fimished,i had to disconnect my battery to change the steering wheel,once done just reconnect -------Dave

Comment

Aight, thx for the replies !

Comment

Working...
            X