Hazard warning switch - intermittent fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard warning switch - intermittent fault

Car is a 2012 Insignia auto nav elite tourer with 60,000 miles on the clock.

The hazard lights switch is difficult to operate. It takes several attempts to either switch on or off.
    Does this switch operate a relay? If so it could be this which is faulty. Is the switch (or relay) known to be prone to failure.

The car is "covered" by a 100,000 mile warranty but if the cost is not great I'd prefer to avoid the hassle and argument with a dealer over whether or not this this covered by the warranty.

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi Dave, have you had the car since new?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      Hi Dave, have you had the car since new?
      Aye - hence the 100,000 mile "warranty"

Comment

Coming up for my MOT so I'll have to fix the hazard switch.
        How please does it come out? Is the small panel removable by itself or does the whole bit with the screen have to come out first?
        Thanks
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X